Specialty Restaurants on Carnival Liberty

Clarkk W Griswald

We will be sailing on the Liberty in March, first time on Carnival for us. Can anyone tell me about any Specialty Restaurants on the Liberty. What type of food, how to make reservations, how much does it cost and is it worth paying the extra money? Looking for all opinions, good and bad!

Liberty has Harry's Supper Club which costs $30pp...and it is worth every penny. The steaks are on par with such great steakhouses as Morton's in Chicago and Gallagher's in New York, they exceed the steaks at Ruth's Chris (jmo).

Some here will tell you that it's not worth the extra $60 for you and your wife and they are certainly entitled to their opinions...BUT, having dined in five-star restaurants around the world, I will say Harry's is most definitely worth the extra money...:D

I went to Harry's on the Liberty with my DH and granddaughter this past July! FANTASTIC!!!! Well worth the money! We usually go at least once on our cruises that have a supper club. My granddaughter was talking the other night about going again in July when we head out on the Pride!

We will be sailing on the Liberty in March, first time on Carnival for us. Can anyone tell me about any Specialty Restaurants on the Liberty. What type of food, how to make reservations, how much does it cost and is it worth paying the extra money? Looking for all opinions, good and bad!

You have sailed on RCL and I'll guess you have tried "Chops" on a RCL ship.

I have sailed both CCL and RCL many times. And Carnival's supper club STEAKS are FAR superior to RCL's Chops, meat. Carnival's supper club steaks are not on a par with the finest land steakhouses, but they are close, are USDA PRIME meat, and are very good. RCL Chops, more compares to an "Outback," than a real steakhouse. Not bad, but certainly not outstanding.

Dan

Sailed on Liberty over Thanksgiving. My GF and I went to Harrys and it was AWESOME! I had the 24 oz. Porterhouse and never had a prayer to finish. It was one of the best pieces of beef I have ever had! She had surf and turf and, again, no complaints. We actually had so much to eat we split desert. They treat you very well and it was WELL worth the $30.00. Nice treat IMO.

I agree with the above posters -- Harry's on the Liberty was incredible and worth every penny. The one thing I'll add is that they give you such an incredible amount of food (between all the courses) that you leave absolutely STUFFED! :p I don't think I could have fit another potato chip in me I was so stuffed.

I definitely recommend doing a Carnival supper club at least once to try it!

• 1 month later...

Archived