Carry on wine in San Juan??

SCFCRUISER

Can you or can you not carry on 1 small bottle of wine each at embarkation in San Juan?? On the San Juan board someone said that they now have 2 x-ray machines & that they were taking wine away from pax. Can someone verify this?? This doesn't sound right to me!!

Steve

We sailed out of Puerto Rico last May on the Carnival Destiny. We were told we could take alcohol on board, since we sailed on a Sunday, and the security people weren't Carnival people, but Port people. The stores are right there. What they tell you is to put the alcohol in your carry on, do not carry it in the bag they give you when you buy the liquor. DH purchased two 1-liter bottles of Jim Beam with no problem.

We also took a case of wine (6 bottles wine/6 bottle champagne). I have a shipping box, cardboard box with styrofoam inserts, that I have used on our last 5 cruises. That is given to the porters, with luggage tags attached, and up to now the case has always made it to our cabin.

we just left from there last week:

We carried on three bottles of Wine bought at Pueblo that morning and 1 liter of Rum bought inside the terminal just before boarding

we also bought alcohol in the airport when returning home. Past Customs, inside security so they put it in a special bag, tagged and we were able to carry in on instead of trying to pack it

Archived