What Hotels do Princess use in Fort Lauderdale

aquagirl1

It depends if you ae paying for it or are they giving it to you (because you are on two cruises and have a day lay over). If you are paying for it then I would (call around to the other hotels and then ) cancell and look for a hotel on your own. they put me up in that hotel and trust me when I say for the money it cost me I could have stayed at teh embassy suites or Hyatt or any other hotel on 17st. The last time we cruised they put us up at the Marriott over near sunrise blvd and university st. Very nice and lots of places to shop and eat

The Renaissance is where we usually stay - it is on 17th street and within walking distance of the water taxi. A great restaurant, Bimini Boatyard is next door and there is a drug store across the street - think it is a Walgreens. I believe the hotel was remodeled earlier this year and may still be in the process, not sure.

We have stayed there twice and would again.

Princess also uses the Embassy Suites on 17th Street, short distance from the pier. Walking distance to many restaurants and shopping.

This Embassy Suites is across the street from the Renaissance and down the street a bit but very close. It looks like a very nice hotel and we may try it next time.

Princess is paying for the room as a package. We get in at noon and sail the next day-so looking for something they supply that has lots of amenties within walking distance. Thanks

Princess booked us at the Renaissance and I believe RWSbadger mentions Embassy Suites as a Princess hotel also so not sure what you are asking for. The Renaissance has a work out room, restaurant and bar...not sure what else you want to know. I also mentioned it was within walking distance of the water taxi which you can take to Las Olas Blvd.

The Marriot North is in the middle of nowhere and we have been there 3 times. Nice hotel, price, food but..... nothing to see or do. We are staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott in April this time. Right on the beach with a very active boarwalk I hear.

The Marriot North is in the middle of nowhere and we have been there 3 times. Nice hotel, price, food but..... nothing to see or do. We are staying at the Hollywood Beach Marriott in April this time. Right on the beach with a very active boarwalk I hear.

I considered Marriott North because of price, but cab fares eat up the difference. I booked Hyatt Regency for about the same total $ for next month.

Stayed at Renaissance once. It's very nice and a convenient location.

Marriott Harbor Beach is excellent and also convenient location, but it's very pricey.

Hyatt Place (formerly Amerisuites) is both reasonably priced and convenient. Gets good reviews.

They have us in the Marriott North and it sounds like it is in the middle of no where. What other hotels do they use in Fort Lauderdale-I am going to see if they will move us-has any one else requested a hotel change.

Thanks for your help.

A quick phone call to Princess should let you know if any other hotels are available through them.

If Princess has nothing else on offer, and they are flying you into Miami, stay with your Princess booking.

They'll handle your transfers and luggage.

There are good hotel suggestions elsewhere in this thread, but you'll lose out

on your transfers. The taxi fare from Miami just isn't worth it for only one night.

From the Princess website:

http://www.princess.com/learn/destinations/caribbean/extend/stay/ft_lauderdale.html

Ft. Lauderdale, Florida

Extend your trip to relax and enjoy the seven miles of perfect beaches of this coastal city. Renowned for sun and water sports, Ft. Lauderdale also offers a myriad of shopping and dining choices along The Riverwalk. It's also a perfect jumping-off point for a tour of the Everglades.

Hollywood Beach Marriott

The new boutique-style oceanfront Hollywood Beach Marriott stretches from the Intercoastal Waterway to the Beachfront Boardwalk.

Renaissance Ft. Lauderdale

This hotel is set on the famous 17th Street Causeway and is near the city's prime attractions and just two miles from the beach.

Various Hotels

Sep-Dec 2008: Call for pricing.

Jan-May 2009: Call for pricing.

Note: Please see your travel agent or call 1-800-PRINCESS

(1-800-774-6237) for the most current fares and for terms and conditions associated with the Cruise Plus program. Hotel properties and packages are subject to change and may not be available on all dates based on availability and participation.

Archived