Rendevous AI Resort

IHATESNOW

• 2 weeks later...
I am interested in some recent feedback. Is this place worth the $38pp? Is the beach somewhat decent? Would you go back again?

How was the food? What did they serve? How were the drinks? What kind of beer did they serve?

was in Nov. 2008. It is a couples only resort, very quiet and peaceful. Very nice beach. Drinks were good, but definetly watered down. Didn't have any beer. It was nice to be able to be sitting on the beach, just stick your little red flag in the sand and along came the "drink waiter".

Lunch was not good at all...the day we were there, there wasn't enough people for them to have the usual lunch buffet, so we got to order off the menu. I ordered a club sandwich...worse I've ever had in my life. My DH ordered a hamburger and refused to eat it..meat smelled awful and looked gross. Don't remember what the other couple we were with ordered. Only good part was sorbet for dessert.

We paid a total of $46.00 for a pass from 10am to 3pm..yes I do think we'd go back again. It was a beautiful place, nice beach, pools, etc. Just keep in mind...it's a very quiet, peaceful place. So if you are looking for loud music and crowds....won't find that here!

you can look at some pictures here..on page 3: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=70764&l=98266&id=624823803

was in Nov. 2008. It is a couples only resort, very quiet and peaceful. Very nice beach. Drinks were good, but definetly watered down. Didn't have any beer. It was nice to be able to be sitting on the beach, just stick your little red flag in the sand and along came the "drink waiter".

Lunch was not good at all...the day we were there, there wasn't enough people for them to have the usual lunch buffet, so we got to order off the menu. I ordered a club sandwich...worse I've ever had in my life. My DH ordered a hamburger and refused to eat it..meat smelled awful and looked gross. Don't remember what the other couple we were with ordered. Only good part was sorbet for dessert.

We paid a total of $46.00 for a pass from 10am to 3pm..yes I do think we'd go back again. It was a beautiful place, nice beach, pools, etc. Just keep in mind...it's a very quiet, peaceful place. So if you are looking for loud music and crowds....won't find that here!

you can look at some pictures here..on page 3: http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=70764&l=98266&id=624823803

thaks so much. Not looking for a big rowdy party place so this just may work. We'll have enough of that at other places.

• 3 weeks later...

The resort is a short, pleasant 5-6 minute cab ride away from the pier, and cost $8 with tip. The cab driver will drop you off at the entrance to the resort, and show you where to check in for your 1/2 day pass. You can ask your cabbie to come back at a certain time to pick you up for your return to the ship or use a cab that is stationed there at the resort. You then procede down a walkway to the reception area and pay your fee, they will explain how things work, and what is included.

Then you walk to the beach, about 20 yards, and claim beach loungers and start relaxing!!! Drinks, lunch, everythings included. Go for a swim in the swimming pools, there are two. Place your red flag in the sand and someone will get your drink order. You can also walk up the the bar if the server is too busy.:eek:

The lunch is served buffet style in a covered beachfront building. There are many offerings, meat dishes, salads, breads, and desserts. They will offer you a carafe of wine with lunch, which was pretty good.

We enjoyed our 1/2 day there last month, and would recommend it to our friends. This resort is older, more intimate than the newer mega-resorts, but we enjoyed it.

Happy cruising!!

1055587887_Carribean2008027.jpg.7b84650fd1277e93b01abb25752de91b.jpg

• 11 months later...

We made plans with them to be there when we stopped in St. Lucia last November, but they were late re-opening after they had closed for renovations. We wound up at Almond Morgan Bay Resort instead.

Almond Morgan Bay was very nice, and about the same price. I'd still like to try Rendezvous in the future.

We have also done Sandals Grande St. Lucian twice, but it's very pricey now, and much further away from the cruise ship docks.

The resort is a short, pleasant 5-6 minute cab ride away from the pier, and cost $8 with tip. The cab driver will drop you off at the entrance to the resort, and show you where to check in for your 1/2 day pass. You can ask your cabbie to come back at a certain time to pick you up for your return to the ship or use a cab that is stationed there at the resort. You then procede down a walkway to the reception area and pay your fee, they will explain how things work, and what is included.

Then you walk to the beach, about 20 yards, and claim beach loungers and start relaxing!!! Drinks, lunch, everythings included. Go for a swim in the swimming pools, there are two. Place your red flag in the sand and someone will get your drink order. You can also walk up the the bar if the server is too busy.:eek:

The lunch is served buffet style in a covered beachfront building. There are many offerings, meat dishes, salads, breads, and desserts. They will offer you a carafe of wine with lunch, which was pretty good.

We enjoyed our 1/2 day there last month, and would recommend it to our friends. This resort is older, more intimate than the newer mega-resorts, but we enjoyed it.

Happy cruising!!

What are the charges for the pass and how do you arrange for it. Any info will be appreciated. Can we make arrangements in advance. Thanks.

Archived