Benefits as of 12/31 heads up

dfishner

If you are platinum or above as of 12/31 you will no longer be able to combine benefits. So if you are holding a next cruise and are platinum or above as of 12/31 you will only be able to use only one or the other. Which shoots the heck out of booking a Next Cruise or a future cruise booking. I just spoke with C&A and made sure I fully understood that and I did, Nothing will be combinable. It is one or the other..The crown and Anchor group seem very supportive to the customer in this matter and are trying to gather up the compliants which are numerous to upper management.

I think this speaks volumns for Royal on what they think about their past passenger. To cut it down to just one is insane, at least give us an option of two of all the benefits and offers they have.

I just wanted to pass this on if you are holding a Next Cruise Certificate and are Platinum or above you should be planning to book a cruise before 12/31 or you will have to pick one or the other.

I am one that will eat the $100 because I cannot afford to put a deposit down on a cruise right now. I think it stinks that we were told it would be good indefinitely and now they are changing the rules. I am platinum. I will never believe a thing they promise form now on. I think this will be only the beginning of what they will take away from those of us that have cruised with them alot. They want to pull in their gold members now.

I am one that will eat the $100 because I cannot afford to put a deposit down on a cruise right now. I think it stinks that we were told it would be good indefinitely and now they are changing the rules. I am platinum. I will never believe a thing they promise form now on. I think this will be only the beginning of what they will take away from those of us that have cruised with them alot. They want to pull in their gold members now.

Dickens, so sorry to hear about that I had used both of our next cruise certificates one was on the cruise we were just on the other is for Oasis. I was glad I found out about this before our last cruise which was a few weeks ago since I always pick up a NC while we are sailing. I even ask the Loyalty Amb about the change and she was somewhat clueless. It seems like there is no sense in doing a NC while being Platinum.

The only thing I can tell you is to call C&A they are logging compliants about this and trying to build a case to take to upper management. I just think this is such a big take away from a great loyalty program and we need to make ourselves heard and calling C&A is a good way to do that.

You will not be eating the deposit. It will still be there once you are able to book a cruise again. It's the benefits that are changing. We've known this for a few weeks now. I posted about it several weeks ago and we had a lively discussion.

What is going to happen to your NC - you will not be able to have both the OBC you were promised when you purchased the NC and the balcony discount you may be entitled to as a plat/d/d+ member. If you hold stock you will not be able to combine that either.

However, the face value of the NC certificate is still there. Don't throw it out.

Therer is a huge difference between 'being promised' and 'being able to'. I don't recall any LA promising me that I can combine certain benefits with my NC. The NC promised only a certain amount of OBC (depending on the length of the sailing) and two friends and family coupons for equal value OBC. That promise is still not broken.

That we were able to combine certain benefits was not promised, it was just allowed. We were just able to do it.

The value of an NC was always the OBC and the coupons. Those are still in effect.

In the past I always booked using an NC. I am not going to that anymore unless I have friends and family going on the same sailing with me. No biggy.

The 'unwritten' rules have changed but no promises were broken.

Therer is a huge difference between 'being promised' and 'being able to'. I don't recall any LA promising me that I can combine certain benefits with my NC. The NC promised only a certain amount of OBC (depending on the length of the sailing) and two friends and family coupons for equal value OBC. That promise is still not broken.

That we were able to combine certain benefits was not promised, it was just allowed. We were just able to do it.

The value of an NC was always the OBC and the coupons. Those are still in effect.

In the past I always booked using an NC. I am not going to that anymore unless I have friends and family going on the same sailing with me. No biggy.

The 'unwritten' rules have changed but no promises were broken.

The "promise" was an OBC - value to be determined by days booked. I do consider that a "promise". It was what they stated to sell the NC certificates and not have such a line up at th LA's desk of people trying to make bookings.

The "promise" was an OBC - value to be determined by days booked. I do consider that a "promise". It was what they stated to sell the NC certificates and not have such a line up at th LA's desk of people trying to make bookings.

Uhmmmm...:confused:..I think I wrote that.

Thank you. I will make that call. I can't tell you how much I appreciate the advice on RCCL site. I have had problems on the Carnival site. The tend to get very defensive when you express your opinion about things against Carnival. I will alway still cruise RCCL because I love their ships and the people who work on them and sail on them.

Oliver.........I just received an email from Linda Buchanan from Investor Relations and beginning January 1, if you are a Shareholder you will be able to combine your Shareholder OBC and P/D/D+ balcony discount along with cashing in any VISA points.

So I guess this means that being a shareholder now will be more beneficial than booking a NC/FC while on a cruise.........since, if I am understanding your chart correctly, you can not combine an OBC from a NC/FC with a P/D/D+ balcony discount.

I see a war brewing between Investor Relations and C&A!!:(

Oliver.........I just received an email from Linda Buchanan from Investor Relations and beginning January 1, if you are a Shareholder you will be able to combine your Shareholder OBC and P/D/D+ balcony discount along with cashing in any VISA points.

So I guess this means that being a shareholder now will be more beneficial than booking a NC/FC while on a cruise.........since, if I am understanding your chart correctly, you can not combine an OBC from a NC/FC with a P/D/D+ balcony discount.

That's good news, being a shareholder, I'm glad I can still get the OBC and keep my Platinum discount. I should be Diamond by the end of January, so I hope they don't change the qualifications for Diamond before that!!

Hi Patti,

RCL is trying to do everything possible to get bookings. I've received several emails from them about a new program to help us as TA's. Yet they anger long term customers by doing things like this. It's just bad timing to take away perks right now. Later, when the economy returns maybe, but not now.

OK. I booked a cruise on the Radiance for September '09 back in June. I used my FCC when I booked it. No problem. The booking agent at Customer Service applied my Platinum balcony discount. No problem. I plan on using 25,000 Visa points for a free companion fare (OV value) to the booking. Do I have a problem?:confused:

I converted a next cruise credit into a booking for Jan 2010 and was able to add the diamond balcony discount and the shareholder OBC. I did that last month. Hopefully RC won't try to take anything away now. I think that would really loose some cruisers for them.

OK. I booked a cruise on the Radiance for September '09 back in June. I used my FCC when I booked it. No problem. The booking agent at Customer Service applied my Platinum balcony discount. No problem. I plan on using 25,000 Visa points for a free companion fare (OV value) to the booking. Do I have a problem?:confused:

Nope........you are good to go. Enjoy your cruise.:)

I converted a next cruise credit into a booking for Jan 2010 and was able to add the diamond balcony discount and the shareholder OBC. I did that last month. Hopefully RC won't try to take anything away now. I think that would really loose some cruisers for them.

You are locked in as long as you booked prior to December 31.........and do not make any changes like changing sailing dates/itinerary/ships after December 31.:)

Patti - thanks for sharing some great news! :)

Archived