South Korean Currency

cadcruiser

Cadcruiser,

I believe that like most countries, only their own currency is accepted. We will buy some South Korean Won before we leave home and have it for when we arrive.

The same applies for Japan and China. We will buy some of each currency and bring it with us.

Of course, I am sure that all three countries have ATM's. It is really the same difference as if a South Korean went into one of the shops or businesses in your country or ours and wanted to use their Won to make a transaction. I know what they would be told.

Jennie

Cadcruiser,

I believe that like most countries, only their own currency is accepted. We will buy some South Korean Won before we leave home and have it for when we arrive.

The same applies for Japan and China. We will buy some of each currency and bring it with us.

Of course, I am sure that all three countries have ATM's. It is really the same difference as if a South Korean went into one of the shops or businesses in your country or ours and wanted to use their Won to make a transaction. I know what they would be told.

Jennie

Jennie,

I know that most countries only accept their own currency, but many places in Asia do accept US dollars.

The first time I went to Thailand I only used the Thai baht. Last January I was only there for two days and did not have a problem using the US dollar. Vietnam and Indonesia widley accept the US dollar.

I did a search on google which mentioned certain tourist areas accepted US dollars and Japanese yen. I'm just unsure if this is a widespread rule in most tourist areas in South Korea. I will be purchasing Japanese yen and Chinese currency before we leave home and it would be nice if I didn't have to purchase the won.

Archived