Minneapolis Airport Question

riderfan89

DH and I are flying from Regina, Saskatchewan to Orlando with a connection in Minneapolis. We only have 1 hour, 10 minutes to make our connection in Minneapolis - will this be enough time? I have no idea how big that airport is. Any info would be appreciated.

Your airline shouldnothave scheduled the flight if there is not enough time.

You might want to call the airline and double check. I think that will be time though. Planes from our local airport (in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan) go only to Minneapolis--so we always have to make a connecting flight there. It seems we always have to go from one end of the airport the other. We've sometimes had to hurry, but we've always made it.

Gale

DH and I are flying from Regina, Saskatchewan to Orlando with a connection in Minneapolis. We only have 1 hour, 10 minutes to make our connection in Minneapolis - will this be enough time? I have no idea how big that airport is. Any info would be appreciated.

What time of year are you flying? We have been having delays almost every 3rd day. (lots of snow this year) We live only 5 mins from the airport. The Minneapolis Intl Airport has a lot of cots, and unfortunately uses them a lot in the winter for travelers stuck midway. I'm not being pessimistic, but just saying it happens more than a lot of other airports. Infact, we are flying out 2 days before out cruise on account of "making sure to get out of the city" on time.

There can be some long walks at MSP, but IF your flight arrives on time, you will make it without a problem. Of course, if your incoming flight is late ....

I made two connecting flights at MSP in September, my first time through this airport since 1996, and found it to be a very easy airport to navigate through. They have made many very nice improvements since 1996 and it seems to be a very traveler-friendly facility.

MSP is probably one of the best airports in handling bad weather (They do get lots of practice in the winter!) This city doesn't shut down because a couple inches of snow are on the way. I used to live in the Washington DC area and everything closes with one inch of snow. NOT here. It's rare something closes because of snow.

Minneapolis average is 10" of snow in January which isn't much. I do not have a four wheel drive and get around just fine.

I wouldn't worry about the weather here as the airport rarely has delays unless it is a heavy snow which only happens a couple days a year.

It is so darn cold here that the snow is fine dry snow and not the wet stuff so you can clean your driveway with a lawn blower instead of a shovel.

MSP is a nice airport if your gates are close together. Unfortunately for me the last few times I've flown through there I've had an extremely short connection (not by choice, was rerouted, so given a 30 minute connection), and my gates were as far apart as they could possibly be (F14 to A14). I still made the connection (okay I ran the entire way, but I made it).

MSP is probably one of the best airports in handling bad weather (They do get lots of practice in the winter!) This city doesn't shut down because a couple inches of snow are on the way. I used to live in the Washington DC area and everything closes with one inch of snow. NOT here. It's rare something closes because of snow.

Minneapolis average is 10" of snow in January which isn't much. I do not have a four wheel drive and get around just fine.

I wouldn't worry about the weather here as the airport rarely has delays unless it is a heavy snow which only happens a couple days a year.

It is so darn cold here that the snow is fine dry snow and not the wet stuff so you can clean your driveway with a lawn blower instead of a shovel.

Your weather is pretty comparable to ours. We've been having -40 and snow here for about 2 weeks, and not a single flight has been cancelled.

And wrp96 - We'll be sure to wear our running shoes just in case! ;)

Your weather is pretty comparable to ours. We've been having -40 and snow here for about 2 weeks, and not a single flight has been cancelled.

And wrp96 - We'll be sure to wear our running shoes just in case! ;)

We hit -15 a couple times so you can keep the -40 up north because we don't want it ;)

We hit -15 a couple times so you can keep the -40 up north because we don't want it ;)

The great thing about -40 is that it is the same in F and C.. You are cold, in pain, and about ready to die.. BUT, you are NOT confused about the system being used.

There can be some long walks at MSP, but IF your flight arrives on time, you will make it without a problem. Of course, if your incoming flight is late ....

I agree with this. Arrive on time and you will be fine. Our airport has some of those people conveyor belt things. You can either walk on them and shave a few seconds off or just let it move you and relax! :)

We are flying from Toronto to Minn on March 10th then 0on to LAX then to Auckland. What is the weather like at that time of year for flying to LAX? Thanks Ontario Cruiser

March in Minnesota can be anything (and everything).

Day-by-day averages and records can be found at http://climate.umn.edu/doc/twin_cities/climate_calendar/ccmarch.htm

Please remember, this is degrees F and inches.

Another great thing about using E+ is if there are ANY vacant seats in economy they will be in your section and you might have the seat between you empty. We always book seats A and C or D and F, hoping that no one wants to sit in a middle seat.

Going and coming back from our holiday trip (granted it was only DEN/SNA) we had the seat between us empty both ways. Good luck.

Kathy

March in Minnesota can be anything (and everything).

Day-by-day averages and records can be found at http://climate.umn.edu/doc/twin_cities/climate_calendar/ccmarch.htm

Please remember, this is degrees F and inches.

I agree, there is no telling what it could be like in March. The record low is -32 and the record high is +83. It could be anywhere inbetween. MSP gets the most snowfall in March because it is a wet snow but they are very good at clearing it quickly. (They get a lot of practice all winter.) The average high is just above 32 so whatever falls will hopefully melt quickly. If you flight is late in March, you would have less to worry about as far as the weather but we do get snow through the end of April but that is usually melted the next day or two.

Archived