Dropping off luggage at Port Canaveral

Hi,

My DH has saw some post that said they dropped off their luggage at the Port before returning their rental cars. Wondering how well this works. Or if it's actually suggested that you not do this.

[img]http://www.agll06.ukgateway.net/ConnieKDWitchTransp.gif[/img]

Viking Serenade 7/91
Enchantment of the Seas - Eastern 9/02
Enchantment of the Seas - Western 9/02
Voyager of the Seas 11/03
Brilliance of the Seas 11/03
Mariner of the Seas 5/04

I can't imagine that it wouldn't work... how different is it from dropping the luggage and then parking in the lot right there? (other than the obvious that it is going to take you a bit longer to check in) I thought the whole process of dropping the luggage off was rather painless.

Mariner or Disney Wonder 3/27/05
Mariner of the Seas 4/11/04
Disney Magic 12/01/01

If you are there early enough, I wouldn't bother with having him drop you off... we hit the gate at 11... and were on the ship by 11:30... I can give you specific "directions" if you need them.

Disney Magic 12/01/01

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> My DH has saw some post that said they dropped off their luggage at the Port before returning their rental cars. Wondering how well this works. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hi Connie. There is no problem in doing this, and it probably even saves DH from additional headaches. To make the arrangement work "well," bring the car to a complete stop before you remove the luggage...

Sandhillwings,
LOL, I loved your answer.

Candleonwater,
we are bringing so much stuff (too much of course) I thought it would be easier for DH to drop me off with the luggage while he parks the car. There's no way we could get all the luggage to the dock by ourselves. Also, I plan on bring a case of water onboard & DH is bringing some wine. Any comments? Did you see anyone else bringing water?
Joanne

Very similar to any major airport, Port Canaveral does indeed have a 'luggage drop'. My normal routine (and most others) is to drop my wife and luggage off and then circle around to the main parking lot. By having my wife stake out a spot in the security line it saves a little time during check-in.

You pay your parking fee and then use the walkway directly towards the terminal (and X-Ray machines).

I'm normally pretty quick to get back, but I saw a few passengers let us through when their spouse had not returned.

Much preferred over hauling your luggage across the street from the garage (Ugh!). I'm on vacation, not weight training....

The only problem we had doing this at Pt.Canaveral is that we waited in line a long time to get to drop off point, then DH had to get in the SAME line to go back to the garage. Took quite awhile. This was in Dec. and I am wondering if they improved the system since then. They were pretty new to handling the mega ships in Dec.

I'm confused here... (pretty normal for me)

Why would anyone haul their own bags? It was So easy to drive in the left lane, curve to the left, go around to the back side of the island, throw the car in park and let the porter take the bags.

We carried almost nothing through security, and had the porter take 9 or 10 bags (for two of us). I think the longest wait I had was for the credit card receipt to print at the parking lot booth.

I did not see any cases of water though. Luckily for me I can drink water from pretty much anywhere.

Disney Magic 12/01/01

Thanks for all you responses. We'll definitely be doing this now.

Just throw the luggage out the window (with our luggage tags on them of course) and go the Avis center to drop off the car. HAHA

We always take water on with us. But we pack it into our checked luggage (with the wheels). Much easier this way.

[img]http://www.agll06.ukgateway.net/ConnieKDWitchTransp.gif[/img]

Viking Serenade 7/91
Enchantment of the Seas - Eastern 9/02
Enchantment of the Seas - Western 9/02
Voyager of the Seas 11/03
Brilliance of the Seas 11/03
Mariner of the Seas 5/04

We took bottled water and gatorade. We had it in luggage that was checked in and had no problems. Only problem with check in was thinking that my dad was gonna have to strip to get through the check point. lol!!!! Otherwise, this was the easiest and quickest embarkation and disembarkation!

Pam

Archived