Hotel in Tampa

AlwaysReady2Go

Need to book a hotel in Tampa near the airport that is nice. Has anyone got any suggestions? We just need a one night stay the evening before our cruise and I want it close enough that I can get shuttled from the airport to the hotel and then back to the airport in the morning (of course I want the shuttle to be provided free from the hotel - LOL) Any help with this would be great I always sail out of Miami and don't know Tampa at all! Thanks

I'll look into the Westshores - thanks. We were booked on the Miracle for the 2/20 cruise and had to change to the 2/27 because the school changed our usual Feb. school vacation week. I cannot wait for this cruise it will be the first time we booked a cat 12 room (big splurge!) Thank you again!

• 2 weeks later...

We are staying at the Chase hotel in Tampa for the night before our cruise. Three couples from the Philadelphia area and one couple from Melbourne, Florida. The Chase has a complimentary shuttle from the airport and will pick up the 6 of us. We booked two two bedroom suites and will receive a complimentary breakfast buffet. The couple from Melbourne are driving to Tampa and will be able to park their car at the hotel for the duration of the cruise at no cost. The hotel will provide transporation to the ship and will also pick us up and take 6 of us to the airport and the other two back to the hotel to pick up their car. The cost is $85.00 a couple ($169 for each suite). I found this hotel from reviews on this site and they were all excellent.

seems like a lot of people are using priceline to get these rooms real cheap. How does it work as far as picking the individual hotel because I went to it and they dont tell you the hotel until after you book it so I have always been to afraid to book with them. I think I hate loosing the control over exactly where we stay to save $$ - is there any way of choosing the hotel you want and naming your price? Best of both worlds that way

Guest Time2gocruzn

www.sailport.com

Do a search on this board for sailport. These are more like condos/resort w/ a kitchenette, and some have 2 bedrooms. You can get rooms for same if not cheaper than some hotels. It is on the water. We got a 2 br condo, 2 queen beds and a convertable couch for $149. This works for us bcuz it will be me, husband, 2 kids, and my mom and dad, and we can all stay in 1 condo. For us this was cheaper than renting 2 seperate hotel rooms. They have a complimentary shuttle to pick you up at airport. They are charging us $25 for our whole group to take up to the port. When I called back the 2nd time they tried to charge us $25 PER PERSON. I told them that is not what I was told, so they agreed to charge us $25 for all of us. Many cruisers on this board have stayed there. Approx 20 min to port. Good luck!

seems like a lot of people are using priceline to get these rooms real cheap. How does it work as far as picking the individual hotel because I went to it and they dont tell you the hotel until after you book it so I have always been to afraid to book with them. I think I hate loosing the control over exactly where we stay to save $$ - is there any way of choosing the hotel you want and naming your price? Best of both worlds that way

Go to www.biddingfortravel.com and you can get alot of info on bidding... you can learn which hotels are in the various zones, etc. Make sure you pick the minimum quality level you would be willing to stay... I always try to stick with 4 stars, but will go 3 in certain areas.... just do your research and you should be fine!!!!

Archived