Decorating "Porthole" on Deck 7 corner aft.

In an attempt to get this thread back to it's original intent....

Anyone who is cruising on a RCCL Freedom or Voyager Deck 7 aft cabin with the large porthole off the balcony, If you get a chance to measure the center diameter at the railing and the upper half-moon circumfrence of this opening and get back to me I would greatly appreciate it! :)

Thanks in advance!

Jacquelyn :D

Thanks VIBE for the pics. My DH and I looked at them and guessed, using the lounge chairs as a reference, that the porthole is about 5-6 feet across and the "1/2 moon" is about 8-10 feet.

If anyone has seen the BATTERY OPERATED LIGHTS in a retail department store let me know. I found them on line but I'm sure other stores have them.

Jacquelyn: Your measurements seem correct. If you can not find battery operated lights at Walmart or Target, try a store that sells crafts like Michaels or JoAnns.

Your idea of using the lights sounds wonderfull ! I was thinking about what it would be like to have lights on my balcony when I was enjoying it 2 weeks ago.

The Christmas lights should not create any operational issues with the ship, keep in mind that this balcony has an outside light that can be turned on that casts a much brighter light for a greater distance then the battery operated lights will be able to.

Bring them and enjoy! Don't let anyone "rain on your parade" It is a great balcony

PLEASE do not be mean to each other !

Happy Holidays !

Peace

I did not start this act of meanness....I was merely advising the OP and then along came the smart *** remarks form the other poster regarding my choice of words i.e. navigation issues.

I could care less if the oP is able to do the lights or not but was merely suggesting they need to get approval from the ship before they put them up.

This is why I am disliking CC more and more now more so than ever when you attempt to assist someone there seems to be one "Know It All" wanna be that wants to put down anyone that makes a comment they do not like ! Hey BillOh keep your less than helpful remarks to yourself and stick to the OP's questions as I have done and we can get along just fine ! :mad:

An online store that has its warehouse in Alpharetta has some battery operated star shaped LED lights that I'm going to check out. They are multi-colored and have "twinkle" action. I'll be able to use them later for birthdays and such.

Thanks for everyones help!

Jacquelyn :D

Archived