Decorating "Porthole" on Deck 7 corner aft.

On the Freedom and Voyager class ships, how large is the porthole off the balcony? I was thinking of getting some battery operated lights at the after christmas sales! Need lenght of the rail, and the "1/2 moon" above it!

Thanks to all you "aft balcony snobs"!

Jacquelyn :D

On the Freedom and Voyager class ships, how large is the porthole off the balcony? I was thinking of getting some battery operated lights at the after christmas sales! Need lenght of the rail, and the "1/2 moon" above it!

Why? :confused:

Where are you going to plug them in? The only outlet is on the vanity---don't trip on your extension cord!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Thanks for highlighted quote in my post. Seem folks in Germany KNOW how to read and some in Virginia DON'T!!

Thanks VIBE for the pics. My DH and I looked at them and guessed, using the lounge chairs as a reference, that the porthole is about 5-6 feet across and the "1/2 moon" is about 8-10 feet.

If anyone has had the privilege of staying in this cabin and can give a good "guesstimate" I would be grateful.

If anyone has seen the BATTERY OPERATED LIGHTS in a retail department store let me know. I found them on line but I'm sure other stores have them.

WHY DECORATE??? BECAUSE IT"S THERE!! And Blue and White twinkle lights while I sip my wine laying in my lounge chair watching the wake behind the ship will make my week of cruising even more special to me!

Jacquelyn

OK....my memory is fading fast due to my age but we were in 7408 on Liberty.

I'm going to guess that the rail is at least 6-8ft so, that's about what the total height would be.

Here's some more pics. Somewhere I have some more pics with people standing in front of it so I could guesstimate by them.......now, if I can find those pics :confused:

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/2876640110102519676JsJWHR

WHY DECORATE??? BECAUSE IT"S THERE!! And Blue and White twinkle lights while I sip my wine laying in my lounge chair watching the wake behind the ship will make my week of cruising even more special to me!

Jacquelyn

Allrighty then. Whatever floats your boat ;)

Good think you pointed that out. And people who live near airports shouldn't open their curtains at night because it interferes with aviation. :rolleyes:

I was only making the suggestion for the OP to verify it could be done because of cruiseship navigation policies.... didn't really ask for your smart * * * remark !

I don't believe you would be allowed to "Decorate using lights" as it may interfere with the ships navigation. Better check with the cruiseline before you rush out and spend the $$. Personally I think it would look mighty odd, borderline tacky !

I´m not sure about what type of interference you are talking about.

If you are talking about electronics, then no a battery powered will be in no way strong enough to interfere with navigation equipment, let alone all the steel in between the navigation equipment and this battery operated lights.

Now if you are talking about the lights disturbing the bridge crew. This would be a very valid point in a forward facing cabin or a side balcony near to the bridge. The forward facing cabins are usually asked to close the drapes at night to allow better visibility in the dark from the bridge. But the OP is in an aft. cabin, so this is not an issue.

If you talk about positioning lights. Those cruiseships are lighted like a christmas tree anyway and a couple small battery operated lights added will not hurt at all.

ETA: but of course it´s always good to ask

Must be just about lunch time in the Black Forrest region! I work the midnite shift here in the states and peruse the "boards" when I get "bord".

Yeah,

close to noon over here, though I´m a fair bit northwest of the black forest region.

Best wishes for an ongoing "boring" shift and merry christmas to you and all.:)

Hope that Father Christmas will place another cruise in your stocking this year!

You have the cruise history I'd like to have when I reach retirement, about 3 cruises a year! But old pharmacist never quit working, they just become "old pills"!

I don't believe you would be allowed to "Decorate using lights" as it may interfere with the ships navigation. Better check with the cruiseline before you rush out and spend the $$. Personally I think it would look mighty odd, borderline tacky !

Possibly the worst it can do it make another ship think this ship was backing up. But who would be making the BEEP BEEP BEEP noise? :eek:

christmaswreath06.gif all!

Read quite a few of your posts when I took the Carnival Legend out of NY in 2007. Ya'll batten down the hatches before that next snow storm due to come your way! Have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

PS. I'm also a tacky "REDNECK WOMAN" who would miss her "CHRISTMAS LITES I keep on my FRONT PORCH all year long!" so I have to bring them with me on the cruise!

Hope that Father Christmas will place another cruise in your stocking this year!

You have the cruise history I'd like to have when I reach retirement, about 3 cruises a year! But old pharmacist never quit working, they just become "old pills"!

Thanks,

though I doubt there will be another cruise coming with already 25 days ate sea booked :Dfor next year. Not too much vacation time left after that.:(

I was only making the suggestion for the OP to verify it could be done because of cruiseship navigation policies.... didn't really ask for your smart * * * remark !

You got it anyway, Navigation policies, how long did it take to dream that one up?

Archived