Some pics from the Pearl, Western Caribbean, Dec 7

ddakrt

I've uploaded some pics of our trip aboard the Pearl from a few weeks ago and figure may as well share it with my fellow CC members!

Sorry that they're not sorted, and most pics on the first page are from Cozumel (my memory card corrupted and killed most of my Cozumel/dolphin pictures :(, a program recovered most of them under a different name and I didn't bother to rename them. The videos are still no god though...).

Anyway enjoy!

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v158/ddakrt/Caribbean%20Dec%2008/

If you see a pic you like and would want the full size version feel free to leave a message and I can send it to you.

Those were great!!!!!! In the atrium, when the Wii was not being played, is it always sports on the big screen or sometimes is it just turned off?

Thank you

The big TV is always on, it either has Wii on it, sports games, or a video montage type thing that is on when nothing else is going on.

ddakrt, thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures! Many look like they should be part of NCL's advertising brochures. You have great shots of the ship. Do you annoy your family taking pictures? Mine tends to just keep walking on without me, which is fine with me, but then I feel pressured to keep up.

Great pics ty, did you do any excursions? if so which pics were those?

We booked everything ourselves beforehand and not through the cruiseline.

In Roatan, we hired a driver through Victor Bodden and toured the island. Tex was our driver and he was great; he was friendly, professional, and knowledgable. My brother and I also did the Pirates of the Caribbean Extreme zipline in Roatan as well, he enjoyed that a bit more than I did however, I thought it was actually less exciting than I had hoped... :/ Still very fun, just not as much as I thought.

In Belize we did the Sharkray Alley snorkel with Coral Breeze Tours; those guys were great and we also had a great time. I personally was kinda bummed that nobody else went in the water except for me though, the rays were the reason why I booked the tour to begin with afterall.

My folks and brother did enjoy snorkeling at the corals before the Shark Rays Alley though.

Did the dolphin swim at Chankanaab Park, it was very windy and not at all warm that day and none of us wanted to get in the water in the beginning, but the water turned out to be warmer than the air temprature!

We all had a blast and even boought those overpriced pictures for the each of us.

The Pearl called on Key West instead of GSC due to weather so we just winged it that day. We did some shopping and walked to the southernmost point for some pictures and went back on the ship. Overall still an enjoyable day.

Sorry if I made any spelling errors in this reply, I'm typing this on my little Ipod...

BTW I had posted our personal pics for this trip on another site, I can PM the link those to you that want to see. Just didn't want to post the link up in public.

Edit: I'm just going to Private Message you the link to the other albums tomorrow, the pics are all sorted by date and location there instead of randomly posted like on my Photobucket account.

Edit 2: Oops, didn't realize CC doesn't have a Private Message feature, if you want I can send the link to your email instead.

Thanks so much!!! Now I'm even more excited... if that's actually possible!! :)

Anytime! You're going to have a great time next month! The Pearl and her crew are great!

I'm so jealous lol, I remember how excited I was when my trip was only 2 weeks away. :D

Wish I was still on vacation. :o

Thanks for the pics! It's always nice to see other's pictures as well!

ddarkt,

Great pix! Thanks for sharing!

Question:

Do you happen to remember the suite number of the Garden Villa in your pictures?

If you don't remember the number, was it port or starboard?

Thanks!!!

It was the port side GV, cabin number 14500. Have a great time on your trip too, it was an amazing opportunity to just visit a GV; I can't even imagine staying in one for the entire trip!

FWIW, the family that was in the GV had an absolutely amazing time, I am positive you will as well!

ddakrt, thanks for sharing your beautiful pictures! Many look like they should be part of NCL's advertising brochures. You have great shots of the ship. Do you annoy your family taking pictures? Mine tends to just keep walking on without me, which is fine with me, but then I feel pressured to keep up.

Haha, thanks. I usually take a ton of snapshots while we walk, so each picture doesn't take a whole lot of time to take. My brother did comment on my picture taking, but he didn't make a fuzz about it.

I did bring a tripod along everywhere we went, but didn't end up using it except for one time on the ship. Now if I kept stoping and setting up the tripod, then I'm sure my family would have gotten annoyed with me. :p

Archived