Help required to book a cruise for my Grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary

jpowell79

Hello,

I agree with greatAm. Cunard is a great choice, especially for people from the British Isles. They have an 11 day cruise round trip from England to the Med. Very reasonably priced with OBC (on board credit) which saves you additional money. The entertainment will be geared towards British audiences which will be an added plus.

Princess also has some nice cruises but in this particular situation, Cunard is your best bet.

Addenda...a balcony would be nice because it gives the cabin some added depth. Get a cabin in the middle of the ship.

Do not agonize over this because it is a great gift and one that they will really enjoy. And you really cannot go wrong as the cruise lines are all very good. If possible I would arrange to take them to and from the ship as an added bonus.

If the cruise is in March you won't have TICKETS in hand in December. Also you really should have this booked by now.

that's ok....rather than just hand over a pair of tickets, I've had someone put together a little personalised brochure for me.

If anyone's interested (or looking for some inspiration to do something similar) it can be found here:

http://twocats.eu/cruise/ready.pdf (word of warning, it's a 13meg file, so may take a few minutes to come up if you have a slow connection)

• 2 weeks later...
they got quite emotional! :-)

My nan was crying and my grandad was choked up! :-)

They have been telling all the extended family about it so sound vreally excited!

Less than three months till they go now

That is great! I'm glad they loved your gift! I wish I could have done something like this for my grandparents when they were living. They are going to bring back some great memories and you will be the hero of the ship they are on - because everyone will know who it was that gave them that gift!:)

Archived