Day Sail Suggestions

ship99

We went to Buck Island on our half day sail. I think that St. John may be on the full day sail itinerary, but don't quote me on that. Remember too that where you actually end up going depends upon weather conditions.

You can email Debi with Island girl and she can answer all your questons.

We were with Joeybun on this sail. We had booked the 1/2 day primarily because we were a little worried because we'd never done a snorkel excursion and didn't want to be locked into a 7-hour miserable (for us) experience. Plus they need 4 people to confirm the full-day sail. Afterward, we really wish we'd done the full-day trip.

When I was talking to Andrew (the guide on the boat), he mentioned something about Christmas Island as a possible 2nd stop for the full-day sails.

As for climbing back onboard, they put the ladder back out for that. I was a little hesitant to push off, but I can see where it would be hard to climb down in flippers.

We were with Joeybun on this sail. We had booked the 1/2 day primarily because we were a little worried because we'd never done a snorkel excursion and didn't want to be locked into a 7-hour miserable (for us) experience. Plus they need 4 people to confirm the full-day sail. Afterward, we really wish we'd done the full-day trip.

When I was talking to Andrew (the guide on the boat), he mentioned something about Christmas Island as a possible 2nd stop for the full-day sails.

As for climbing back onboard, they put the ladder back out for that. I was a little hesitant to push off, but I can see where it would be hard to climb down in flippers.

I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed it so much (and wish you did the full-day trip). We were going to book a 1/2 day trip for an excursion in a couple of weeks with them and she only had room for two people on a full-day cruise, so we booked that. We've read a lot of about it and are really looking forward to it!

De

Bob: I could not agree with you more about Kathleen & Highpockets. She is a very special lady & makes sure her guests truly enjoy their day. If you'd like her recipes I have them. The Rum Cake was awesome. I was also not expecting the chicken to be as good as it was & I think it's the best chicke dish I have ever had.

Grace-Can I get that Rum Cake recipe if you still have it??? Susie

For those of you that have sailed on Island Girl or have reservations with them... how long does it take them to answer email? I filled out the online form about 5 days ago checking to see if a particular date was available this fall but have not gotten a reply yet.

Thanks!

Susan

For those of you that have sailed on Island Girl or have reservations with them... how long does it take them to answer email? I filled out the online form about 5 days ago checking to see if a particular date was available this fall but have not gotten a reply yet.

Thanks!

Susan

Debi has always responded to my e-mails within 24 to 48 hours, but we reserved them at the last minute...our cruise is next week.

De

We love the Island Girl!!!!!! Mike is there when you exit the ship, you walk down and get on a dingy for 2 minutes and board. Easy, wonderful, and no taxi fare. It was the best day sail we ever had! The power scooters allow you to see more and not be tired! So easy! Tuck it under your chest/stomach and turn handles and away you go as fast or slow as you like. Super Fun!! Very personalized attention!

Hello all,

Could someone please provide contact info for Island Girl. We will be cruising into St. Thomas March 3/09 on Carnival Glory and are looking to do a full day sail with two adults and two kids. I would love to see if they would have room.

Thanks,

Hello all,

Could someone please provide contact info for Island Girl. We will be cruising into St. Thomas March 3/09 on Carnival Glory and are looking to do a full day sail with two adults and two kids. I would love to see if they would have room.

Thanks,

Debi &Mike Stanton <yachtadventures@gmail.com>

office - (340) 774-6385

Kathleen with High Pockets was awesome. Here is the link:

http://pws.prserv.net/sailhighpockets/

I can't wait to go back, it was the best excursion we have ever done.

There were 4 of us that went on a sail with Captain Kathleen on Highpockets as well.... it was AWESOME! Great scenery, great lunch on board the boat, and FANTASTIC homemade rum punch! :p

Steve and Deanna

My husband and I sailed with Kathleen in December and we had a great time. We were the only 2 passengers for the day and it was awesome. The service was great, the drinks were free flowing and the food was fantastic. I can't remember the name of the first place that we went to snorkel but we were the only 2 people there! It was amazing! I would gladly recommed High Pockets to anyone

Gracie65 Could you email me the recipes? michelle_derasp@hotmail.com

Hello all,

Thanks,

Hope you were able to get a hold of Island Girl. We spent the day with them back 1/24 and had the best day of our whole trip.

We tipped the first mate 10%. I hope that was the standard, I thought I had read that somewhere before.

Joey, can you explain how the power snorkeling works?

De

They look kind of like a torpedo with a handle. :eek: You just hold on and pull in on the button and they pull you along. It was nice because it did a lot of the work. If you look on the Island Girl website, there is a pic of someone swimming with one.

Could someone please tell me the recommended amount to tip on these day sail trips and who all you tip?

I don't know what the recommended amount is, but we tipped our guys $25. We also purchased the cd they made of the tour.

Archived