how do I get an OBC or refund from travel agent?

sjram

We "won" a free cruise that we are taking in a few weeks. We ended up paying about a thousand dollars in taxes, fees, upgrading to 5 days from 3, and upgrading to an oceanview from a inside with bunks. I believe that the fare has dropped from when we originally paid back in Sept. We are currently in a 6B, booked a 6A guaranteed, but Carnival's website is giving a free upgrade from 6A to 6C right now. I think we should at least get that. I emailed the TA that we booked through to ask her if we could get a refund, get an upgrade, or request an OBC. She just emailed me back saying, "Unfortunately if prices change I can't refund the difference paid." From everything I have read on here that is not true. Should I call her back and what should I say? Is there anyway to call Carnival and ask them? I know Carnival won't talk to you if you used a TA but I feel like we are missing out. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get the most out of what we paid for? Thank you!

Is there anyway to call Carnival and ask them? I know Carnival won't talk to you if you used a TA but I feel like we are missing out. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get the most out of what we paid for? Thank you!

Nothing you can do, that is the new policy since 12/1 no obc for price adjustments after final payment. Even before then it was up to the TA to extend that service, some did others didnt.

We "won" a free cruise that we are taking in a few weeks. We ended up paying about a thousand dollars in taxes, fees, upgrading to 5 days from 3, and upgrading to an oceanview from a inside with bunks. I believe that the fare has dropped from when we originally paid back in Sept. We are currently in a 6B, booked a 6A guaranteed, but Carnival's website is giving a free upgrade from 6A to 6C right now. I think we should at least get that. I emailed the TA that we booked through to ask her if we could get a refund, get an upgrade, or request an OBC. She just emailed me back saying, "Unfortunately if prices change I can't refund the difference paid." From everything I have read on here that is not true. Should I call her back and what should I say? Is there anyway to call Carnival and ask them? I know Carnival won't talk to you if you used a TA but I feel like we are missing out. Does anyone have any suggestions how to get the most out of what we paid for? Thank you!

If you will carefully check the 'new' deal, you will almost surely find the words, "FOR NEW BOOKINGS ONLY."

Dan

You can call Carnival, but you will get the same answer from them. Since you are well past your final payment date, you will not get an OBC or refund. Like others have said, this rule was put in place on 12/1. If you were not past your final payment date and the price decreased, then you would be able to get a refund/OBC.

we also had trouble with this when I was trying to get a refund and this was way before final payment was due.. unfortunately we had paid in full when we booked.. :( the TA said something about 60 day window but we were still able to get an upgrade in place of a refund...

we also had trouble with this when I was trying to get a refund and this was way before final payment was due.. unfortunately we had paid in full when we booked.. :( the TA said something about 60 day window but we were still able to get an upgrade in place of a refund...

Why didn't you cancel and rebook? Was there a big penalty for canceling?

Bill

Archived