Early Boarding for previous cruisers?

trmclendon

I have a ?. This may will be our 2nd cruise. While I was on the phone booking my cruise thru DCL, I asked them if there was any perks for being a previous cruisier. To what I understood, she told me that we would be able to board the ship earlier, we would have something "special" in our room, and we could book the nursery a little earlier than the other cruisers. Is this correct? Is there any other perks that's out there? I know that I am asking a lot, but please help!

Also, one more thing......Will the shows be the same this time (May'09) as they were in Dec '07? Or do they change up?

Thanks again!!

Renee:confused:

I have a ?. This may will be our 2nd cruise. While I was on the phone booking my cruise thru DCL, I asked them if there was any perks for being a previous cruisier. To what I understood, she told me that we would be able to board the ship earlier, we would have something "special" in our room, and we could book the nursery a little earlier than the other cruisers. Is this correct? Is there any other perks that's out there? I know that I am asking a lot, but please help!

Also, one more thing......Will the shows be the same this time (May'09) as they were in Dec '07? Or do they change up?

Thanks again!!

Repeat passengers are called “castaway club members”

Small gift in the room = yes

Repeat passenger party = yes

Different line at check in = yes

A thing you can wear around your neck to hold your room key = yes

Earlier dates to make online reservations at things like Palo’s = yes

Early boarding, from what I can remember, is reserved for people with Categories 1-3 rooms only. Again, only from memory, but we have been on the Disney Magic 9 times.

....And from what I can remember, we boarded around 1-ish? That was on our 1st cruise. What time can we possible board for our 2nd cruise? Is it only like an hour or 2 earlier? Maybe 11 or 12-ish?

Are you booked in a cat 1, 2 or 3?

If not and you arrive early, you are given a boarding number at the escalators. From memory, the first general boarding time varies but its around 11:45AM to 12:00PM

Just a tip, if you do not intend to buy a photo of your group in front of a Type IV flotation device with Disney Cruise line printed on it, you can walk around the long slow line after you get your key to the world card scanned.

• 3 weeks later...

I do not know what shows you watched last time but this time on the wonder 3 night in February it is going to be

Golden Mickey

toy story this my be your new one

and the last night is dreams

I was looking for 3 night reviews and youtube popped up and someone taped the toy story. I only watched a few seconds of it because I do not want to ruin the surprise of watching it now but it looked over the top good. Can not wait

Toby, our server, told us new passengers board starting at 11:30. We arrived at Port at 11:30 and got on the boat around 1pm. Next time we will get there around 10 and try to get an earlier boarding number. No big deal though, by the time we did everything in the terminal our # was called.

Last cruise was 12/2007 and the shows were the Golden Mickies, Toy story and I can't remember the last one! I was hoping that when we go in May '09, there will be new shows on. I am sure the kids won't mind anyways. i wonder how often they change shows?:confused:

Thanks again!!

You can book excursions, spa and Palo at 90 daqys out instread of 75.

What is the gift for Castaway Club members? :D

We've rec'd different things over the years. Beach towels, assorted types of beach bags. They didn't changed based on # of cruises as with other lines, just change over time and all returnees get the same (unlike some other lines where more cruises get nicer gifts)

So far as special lines and boarding early....the returnee percentage is so high that the CC lines can be longer than the regular!

Last cruise was 12/2007 and the shows were the Golden Mickies, Toy story and I can't remember the last one! I was hoping that when we go in May '09, there will be new shows on. I am sure the kids won't mind anyways. i wonder how often they change shows?:confused:

I doubt you saw Toy Story. I believe it first was seen in Spring, 2008. :confused:

Archived