2009 xmas cruise on Inspiration (family groups)

Our first family cruise other family members want to go but no one responding or committing to planning. However, my family is ready.

Have anyone experience in planning a group cruise whats the best way to get started?

Talk with an agent that is familiar with groups. Doing this will set a price across the board so if someone later decides they want to go then theprice is already locked in.

I booked a cruise for Pride for Sept-- with my parents. My nephew booked 2 weeks later at an increase of 200. 1 month later my brother decided to go and the price again increased to 350 more.

Booking a group you will need to book at least 8 cabins--double occupancy. If you dont think you can get 8 cabins booked then the group rate will nto be for you.

Booking a group deal will get you some added incentives..like cabin credit, maybe a bottle of wine per cabin--maybe a photo. Depends on when you go and how many cabins you get to go.

The best incentive--- for every 8 cabins you get booked the group gets one free berth., (still gotta pay government taxes and port charges.)

You can keep the free berth or rebate it back to each of the cabins in a cheaper cruise-- or cabin credit.

Personally- I would be booking now and heck with everyone else. Cruise prices have gone up a few times in the past few weeks

Archived