Sue Miller/Host Chris - Star question

igloo42

Hi - I'm glad to hear that your much awaited & much needed Star cruise went so well - a group of us are going on the Star for the 11/28 cruise & were hoping to have our CC get together during sail away - do you know what the name of the topmost outdoor aft bar would be? We want a little more quiet place to get together to start the sailing off right & I thought that would work (when I was on the Caribbean Princess earlier this year, we met at Morgan's and it was a great place to find everyone).

Thanks in advance for your help!

Doreen

Hey Doreen, the one regret I have is that at that first meeting we did NOT schedule one for the last day of the cruise too. I always think of that after we get home as an afterthought. This cruise it would have been especially cool because we'd seen all the CC members again throughout the week and it would have been a great way to end the cruise.

I guess in the course of the self-pity that the cruise is about to be over, the packing and all that thought just gets brushed aside.

Do that if you can, I think it will be a great memory for you

I think the last get together should be the next to last night. Every cruise I have been on everyone has agreed to show up the last night to exchange Email and info and only 1/2 attend. I think there is too much to take care of the last night, (i.e. packing and getting personal concerns together). There is nothing worse than seeing friends you have met onboard as you pull off in a taxi and realize you have no contact info for them. I think better attendance could be had if everyone met the next to last night. IMHO

Charles

Notes as you go is even better.

It just seems like everyone is having such a good time that no one remebers to do it. It's always "I'll see you again" and then before you know it.....the dreaded dimsembarkation.

I will try record as I go next time.....Thanks, Chris

Thanks everyone for the great suggestions - the next to last night sounds like a great time also, luckily on the last cruise on the CP I knew some of the folks CC names so I was able to find them but the non-CC's that we met during the week are just a fond memory now...I am sooo looking forward to the Star and the packing/re-packing has begun - someday I will actually pack light for a cruise:D !

SueFrankUK

I notice this is your first post so - a fellow Brit just saying "hello". :D You will find a wealth of information here.

When are you going, on what ship etc. Check out the Princess Roll Call forum - where there is bound (as Sue says) to be a roll call for your cruise.

For fear of repeating myself... my email is in my profile for tips from a UK perspective i.e. a credit card you ought to consider looking at etc.

Laura

Archived