BioMaya Canopy Tour

rachelmegs

Has anyone been on the BioMaya Zip Lines and Canopy tour? My Mom and I are sailing on the Carnival Legend on February 15th and are interested in doing a zip line tour- but haven't been able to find much information on this one. (I have checked out the website and read the information on the "Costa Maya Update". Our second option is to do one in Belize, but I would rather go to the beach there!) If you've gone on the tour, a review would be appreciated. :) If you plan on going and have booked your trip- information about the ease of booking would be appreciated as well!

• 3 weeks later...

My mom and I went ahead and booked the tour on the advice of a previous CC member (whose posts and replies have all since been deleted...) After attempting to book through the Biomaya site, we e-mailed the company directly with our information- and they called us to book over the phone where we once again verified our information (cruise date, time etc.) We paid for our reservation via Paypal (a small portion of the actual excursion price- about $25) and when we received the confirmation of our excursion, it was for the wrong time (although we sent the time we needed to be back on the ship via e-mail and discussed it in length over the phone)- the excursion was arranged so we would miss our deportation. When we e-mailed and called to change the reservation and ultimately get our money back our attempts have been ignored (for about a week or so now). We have chalked up the lost $25 to experience but we don't want anyone else to have the same one... Just a fair warning!

• 2 weeks later...
My mom and I went ahead and booked the tour on the advice of a previous CC member (whose posts and replies have all since been deleted...) After attempting to book through the Biomaya site, we e-mailed the company directly with our information- and they called us to book over the phone where we once again verified our information (cruise date, time etc.) We paid for our reservation via Paypal (a small portion of the actual excursion price- about $25) and when we received the confirmation of our excursion, it was for the wrong time (although we sent the time we needed to be back on the ship via e-mail and discussed it in length over the phone)- the excursion was arranged so we would miss our deportation. When we e-mailed and called to change the reservation and ultimately get our money back our attempts have been ignored (for about a week or so now). We have chalked up the lost $25 to experience but we don't want anyone else to have the same one... Just a fair warning!

Please post an update if you get one. We were thinking of doing the same thing while in Port. Now I'm not so sure. Our cruise is not until April. I hope it works out for you.

We did end up getting a refund from the company. About three weeks after we requested one. With the whirlwind of cruise preparation I completely forgot to post an update (sorry!). Last night a representative from Biomaya called and asked that we update this thread to show that we received a refund because people have been calling and saying that they are wary of booking! Just goes to show the power of CC!

We ending up scrapping the zipline idea in Costa Maya, booked an independent beach and snorkel break- and will be tackling the zipline and cave tubing in Belize instead (which had a much more user-friendly booking system).

We did end up getting a refund from the company. About three weeks after we requested one. With the whirlwind of cruise preparation I completely forgot to post an update (sorry!). Last night a representative from Biomaya called and asked that we update this thread to show that we received a refund because people have been calling and saying that they are wary of booking! Just goes to show the power of CC!

We ending up scrapping the zipline idea in Costa Maya, booked an independent beach and snorkel break- and will be tackling the zipline and cave tubing in Belize instead (which had a much more user-friendly booking system).

Thank you for the update!

• 2 years later...

Archived