Taxis in St. Vincent???

kcgozs

Hi, we were there a couple of weeks ago and yes, there were plenty of taxi's at the port. I don't think you would have any problems sorting out a tour with one of them as they weren't too interested in the people like us who just wanted to go to the beach!

We landed on St Vincent Christmas from Ventura - picked up a taxi at the gate. There are lots there but usually they want to take you to the beach. We picked up Clinton Mcleod a local man a real gentleman with a great knowledge of the island cell 7844932877 (mention Alan and Joyce at Christmas) He took us on an island tour showing us lots including the "breadbasket of the island" and an especial treat Montreal Garden - a real gem beautifull flowers and plants owned by an expat Brit All morning tour at $25 pp http://www.montrealestgdns.f9.co.uk/

There were 6 in the taxi - originally Joyce and I waited at the gate for a short time while Clinton picked up another party of 4. If they hadnt turned up in time he said he would just take the two of us. We didnt know the other 4 but they were from the same ship. I believe he would do it for 4 but would possibly try to pick up more at the gate. Quite comfortable with 6 pax.

The other people like us were Brits but were very aggressive in their attempts to get a lower price - they offered $20 (which would have applied to us all) - which Clinton reluctantly accepted.

At the end of the tour they gave him $20 each but I gave him the original agreed $25 each for Joyce and I. And I told Clinton why - I was ashamed at the way they forced the price down. There is a charge for the garden I think $5 each but well worth it.

If you are going on Dominica try http://www.bumpiingtours.com BUMPIING Tours note there are 2 I's in his name the guy is Levi Baron another brilliant day out we did his Pools Falls and More - 4 of us at $50 pp. Eli is a great guy - knows everything

Morne Bruce: Botanical Gardens: Wotten Waven Sulphur Springs:

*Trafalgar Falls: (two waterfalls in the same area) *Emerald Pool: (small waterfall with a pool at it's base)

We can also make a stop at Mr. Nice Fruit Stand. It's a small shed on the roadside where one can stop and sample different fruits grown on the Island. Mr. Nice does not sell the fruits but you are asked to leave a small donation, any amount you feel like.

The tour described can be modified to suit your needs, so you can remove or add to the tour.

The estimated duration of the tour is about 4.5 to 5.5 hours

NB: Site passes will be provided ($5.00us per person, per site, included in cost), so you do not have to go stand in line to purchase site passes.

There will be complementary local beers, soft-drinks and local bottled water on the tour.

regards Alan

Archived