Teen Clubs

peteypie

How strict is RCI about age limitations in their teen clubs? I understand there is a 12-14 yr. old group and a 15-17 yr. old group. Here's my concern, a group of moms/daughters are planning a cruise. However, all but 1 child will be 15 yrs. old on the date of the cruise. That one child won't be 15 until 2 weeks after returning from vacation. I would hate to see them separated into different groups. Has anyone had experience with this? Thanks.

Do you actually have to show proof of birth to attend the teen programs? I would think that they would allow an "almost" 15 year old to attend with the 15 year old group. I'm just guessing though as I have no experience. My DS is 16 and will still be 16 when we cruise. Good luck!

I wouldn't worry....the kids seem to sort this problem out on their own. The kids seem to hang in groups and move about the ship in groups. If one kid is a tad younger, but "semicool" (according to my son) it's not an issue. The staff does a good job of coming up with programs that are of interest to the teens. My only concern would be to meet the kids your kids are hanging with and also find out what time other parents are setting as curfew....Big John

We had the same issue when we were on the Voyager in January. My daughter was a little more than a week shy of 15 when we sailed. We were worried that she wouldn't like the younger teen program so we talked to one of the teen staff when we boarded, "no problem" he said. It turned out to be a non issue. She attended a few of the events, but a lot were canceled due to low participation. She mostly hung out with us or a couple new girl friends she met on board when she wasn't with us.

We were just on the Explorer and our tablemate's daughter was 11 while our kids are 12. They tried to join the 12-14 group, fibbing that she was 12, but were abruptly told that she was only 11 and she would need to go find her group. The staff is apparently supplied a list of kids and their ages. The staff member seemed overwhelmed because there were apparently 120 12-14 year olds on the ship. However, only about 15 showed up. Our kids tried the activities twice and were disappointed both times. Completely disorganized and basically just a free for all.

If there aren't many kids on board the staff will usually accomodate those kind of requests but if there are a large number of kids aboard I wouldn't count on being able to change. RCI's staff is provided with a list of the kids and there ages at sailing.

Archived