Age restrictions for cruising

delona

Is there age restrictions for cruising? I am under the impression someone in a room has to be 21 is everyones kids who cruise over 21. My daughter would like to cruise with some friends this year she is 18 and her friends are 19 & 20 they are all responsible and she has been saving hard and looking forward on going on a cruise with her friends and will be dissapointed if they can't book by them selves and have to drag me along:D

Hi Delona

When P&O discontinued 'schoolies' cruises, they placed this age restriction on cruises in November and December. I think that's the only times it applies.

It's to stop young people making their own schoolies cruise.:eek::eek: During this time, passengers aged under 21 must be accompanied by an adult/guardian.

Any other time of the year, they will be fine.

Jenny

thanks for that, I had enquired about a trip last year for when she finished school as she did not want to go to the usual schoolies but found they could not book but thought it was in general as I could not book her into any oversea's holidays which was annoying for her since she went on exchange overseas by herself, so they decided to cruise this year instead

I agree that it is only during the typical november schoolies time frame they limit teens.

It usually mentions them by cruise number as well in the brochure.

We have also had our kids in a different cabin, but we have been next door

LIke Karmac's son my 16 year old is already planning for her schoolies cruise in January2011.

I did say I would go and chaperone if need be.

I may be wrong (it's been know to happen:rolleyes:) but I think some of the longer cruises (ie 21+ days) may have a restriction on them too ... mind you they usually attract an 'older' clientele anyway ... not so much the scene for the younger cruisers!!:D

I may be wrong (it's been know to happen:rolleyes:) but I think some of the longer cruises (ie 21+ days) may have a restriction on them too ... mind you they usually attract an 'older' clientele anyway ... not so much the scene for the younger cruisers!!:D

The only restriction is cruises in Nov & Dec. where anyone under 21 must have a parent or legal guardian with them. This is obviously to stop schoolies. All other cruises just have to have at least one passenger 18 or older.

Archived