Holland America Seattle Question?

webfoot3

Terminal 91 is supposed to open in April 09. The Port of Seattle has recently removed the Terminal 30 (old terminal) info from the cruise portion of their website and replaced it with Terminal 91 info. I take this as a good sign that they think it will be ready in time.

I would not, however, expect much in the way of amenities at T91. On the Port's website you can't hear them clicking their ruby slippers together or hear their earnest whispers to the tooth fairy that the contractors will comply with the April deadline. But it's seriously a game of chicken IMO.

It's going to have to be "ready". Terminal 30 is all torn up now with the conversion back to a cargo terminal.

Call me the eternal pessimist, but I almost wouldn't be surprised if all there is there in the beginning is about what they had at Pier 48 when they first started coming into SEA in the 90's----an old broken down warehouse and a gangway.....:eek:

Call me the eternal pessimist, but I almost wouldn't be surprised if all there is there in the beginning is about what they had at Pier 48 when they first started coming into SEA in the 90's----an old broken down warehouse and a gangway.....:eek:

And this is why I'm glad I'm sailing out of Vancouver this year (even if I won't get the chance to meet you face to face this year either).

And this is why I'm glad I'm sailing out of Vancouver this year (even if I won't get the chance to meet you face to face this year either).

Is that the holiday weekend, or the weekend after? I'm off on the weekends now (miracle of miracles) and I just LOVE the train to YVR and didn't get my Chinese food when I went up for my birthday in December. We could all go to the GI Public Market and get some........:eek:

I get into YVR at noon on the 29th (have dinner plans that evening) and sail on the 30th. Get back to Vancouver June 6th and don't fly home until the next day. If you can make it up there to see me I'd love it!!

I get into YVR at noon on the 29th (have dinner plans that evening) and sail on the 30th. Get back to Vancouver June 6th and don't fly home until the next day. If you can make it up there to see me I'd love it!!

I might just be able to. It's a weekend, and I don't have to be at work til 8:30 on Monday morning.....;)

Archived