HELP! 1/31/09 Summit fear...

lawyergirl22

Can someone please help! I cannot seem to let go of my fear that this sailing is going to be cancelled.

What continues to bother me is that this sailing is closed to new bookings, even though the ship is not full. Further, Celebrity is allowing those currently booked to move to a different sailing (thereby opening up even more cabins), if they want.

If the ship really is going to sail, why not make sure the ship is as full as possible? Doesn't the line always try to fill EVERY cabin?

Why not try to generate as much onboard revenue as possible?

For those of you with better knowledge of Celebrity than I have, tell me--have you seen this happen in the past? A sailing cut short 3+ weeks in advance, and then closed to new bookings?

Please help me get rid of this nagging fear.

Can someone please help! I cannot seem to let go of my fear that this sailing is going to be cancelled.

What continues to bother me is that this sailing is closed to new bookings, even though the ship is not full. Further, Celebrity is allowing those currently booked to move to a different sailing (thereby opening up even more cabins), if they want.

If the ship really is going to sail, why not make sure the ship is as full as possible? Doesn't the line always try to fill EVERY cabin?

Why not try to generate as much onboard revenue as possible?

For those of you with better knowledge of Celebrity than I have, tell me--have you seen this happen in the past? A sailing cut short 3+ weeks in advance, and then closed to new bookings?

Please help me get rid of this nagging fear.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=902999

Thank you...but that doesn't calm my fear. I am aware of what the company is saying right now, but the ship doesn't leave for a few more weeks. Hence, my fear that it will still be cancelled.

I don't disagree with your fears at all. It would not surprise me either. But when everything is said and done it does not seem to make any sense that they would cancel it from a revenue standpoint if they can help it, and we all know that you only need to follow the money in any business to understand how decisions are made. Unless the situation with the unknown electrical problem deteriorates further then I don't see it happening.

They may also be close enough to full to only be filling up the ship with "locals" (this is sometimes done onboard ships with remaining capacity) who likely sign up through a different means than you or I. And there is still the possibility that cabins will go back on sale in another day or two.

Anyway, worrying about it isn't going to help as they will do what they do regardless. So try and stay positive and sorry all I can offer is empathy and not hard facts.

After sleeping on it, and reading your thoughtful reply, I realize that there is nothing I can do. So, you're right, worrying about this isn't going to help! I will just continue to plan for my wonderful vacation. At least I know that I am definately taking one!

Archived