Balcony or CC?

AMScruiser

Hi everyone,

I am in the process of booking Millennium Sydney - Auckland 29 March. Have to make my mind up if i am going for a regular balcony or a concierge class balcony stateroom. Is it worth the extra $$$?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

B.

We just got back (yesterday) from the Constellation, we had a regular balcony. I thought the cabin size was just fine ( there are floor to ceiling mirrors covering the wall opposite the bed that make the cabin feel larger) even though we are used to the larger cabins on some of the HAL ships. I don't really think that the extra square footage in the CC cabins really amounts to all that much - don't forget that 20 square feet is only 1 foot wide by 20 ft long. And the 3 sq ft difference in the balconies is really negligible when you think about it. We had bathrobes, umbrellas, shampoo, bath gel and conditioner in our bathroom. As for food - there is food absolutely all day long ( this is in addition to the regular meal fare) and into the night - ice cream , pizza, pasta, and sushi and stir fry beginning at 5 pm so you won't go hungry without the "canapes" provided in CC rooms.

This question has been asked various times so if you can search threads (havent been working very well) I would.

If the cost differential is not significant, we prefer to do CC not for the canapes (not too appealing) but for the extra space. While negligible for some, when you are in a small cabin with a small balcony, hey I will take that extra foot or 2 any day as we spend a lot of time on our balcony and we found the sitting area quite a bit larger than the non CC rooms. We also enjoyed the additions on the breakfast menu as we enjoy having breakfast on our balcony.

If it is a big cost difference, then I wouldnt do it. But for our Alaska cruise in May it was $100pp difference so we chose to go for it again.

We also returned yesterday from Constellation. We opted for the CC balcony cabin, but just so we could get the extended aft balcony. Our balcony was approx. 20' deep X 10' wide, had more than enough room for two loungers, two chairs, a small table and larger table used for meals. To me, that is the only thing worth the extra cost. I'm not sure we'd do it again. We only ordered the Concierge breakfast on the balcony once, the canapes were awful (but we did request and received cheese, crackers and grapes instead after the 3rd day), and a thicker bathrobe - so what?

I upgraded (from a balcony guarantee) to a CC when on board--and did it just for the space. It may have not meant much to orlandocruiser, but that extra 21 sf is about 15% larger than a regular balcony cabin--and on a 14 day cruise it meant a lot to us. It's all in the sitting area. I would not have done it for the "amenities" alone--not enough different to be worth it.

It cost us 200/pp for the CC upgrade; that was still 400/pp less than what was the final price on the website so we think we did okay!

All depends on what your cost differential is!

Cathy

I upgraded (from a balcony guarantee) to a CC when on board--and did it just for the space. It may have not meant much to orlandocruiser, but that extra 21 sf is about 15% larger than a regular balcony cabin--and on a 14 day cruise it meant a lot to us. It's all in the sitting area. I would not have done it for the "amenities" alone--not enough different to be worth it.

It cost us 200/pp for the CC upgrade; that was still 400/pp less than what was the final price on the website so we think we did okay!

All depends on what your cost differential is!

Cathy

Well, the cost difference was just under 120 EURO so I just did it! thanks for the input.

B.

Forgive me, I am new to Celebrity, what does that mean?

When you cruise a number of times you get certain "perks" when you reach certain levels in the Captain Club.

When you cruise you get a credit for that cruise. When you reach 5 or 6 cruises you go into another bracket with better "perks".

When you cruise Celebrity, you get 2 credits instead of one when you stay in a Concierge room. (CC)

I hope this makes sense to you. Don’t worry if it doesn’t, someone with more knowledge will chime in!

When you cruise a number of times you get certain "perks" when you reach certain levels in the Captain Club.

When you cruise you get a credit for that cruise. When you reach 5 or 6 cruises you go into another bracket with better "perks".

When you cruise Celebrity, you get 2 credits instead of one when you stay in a Conciergeroom. (CC)

I hope this makes sense to you. Don’t worry if it doesn’t, someone with more knowledge will chime in!

It certainly makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up. Of course I understood the Captain's Club, as being a frequent sailers program. I had no idea a higher end cabind would get you through the program quicker.

Archived