Sea Trek Helmet Dive?

skivoodoo

Can't speak for the site in St. Martin, but did a sea trek helmet dive in Grand Cayman. It was awesome. There was a scuba diver and a guide using the helmet, plus someone who stayed on the boat and took care of the oxygen, that went with the group of eight divers. There was a safety talk on the way to the dive site. The dive itself lasted about one half hour. It was great to be under water, with my glasses, so I could actually see everything. DD 12 at the time also went and had no problems doing the dive. :D

:(Tried to do one in St. Thomas this year, but it was cancelled due to rough seas.

If you have gone scuba diving, and are comfortable with it, you may not enjoy the helmet dive as much as we did.You are limited as to where you can go. You are "tethered" to the area around the dive platform which is where they pump the oxygen in. Since we have never gone scuba diving, it was great for us and for DD. Not trying to talk you out of the dive, just want you to be aware of the limits. :)

• 1 month later...

Might be a little late, and you might have already picked your excursion, but for anyone else reading this. My fiance and I just did a helmet dive for the first time in St Maarten. We really enjoyed it. It is really an experience you have to experience to truly appreciate how much fun it is. The staff in St Maarten were very helpful. Here are some pictures from my St Maarten Helmet dive.

Damon Ledet

http://www.damonledet.com/blog

My husband and I will be in St. Maarten in October with several friends. I'm sure some of them would be interested in this excursion. Can you tell me who you booked it through? I prefer not to book through the cruiseline.

Just did this excursion on 3/18 and was a great experience. We booked through the cruise line for 115 per person and were taken to a great site near FT. Amsterdam and little bay. At the site is a sunken submarine, a cannon that was blown from the Fort into the water by hurricane Luis in '95 and some diving bells.

• 4 months later...
Might be a little late, and you might have already picked your excursion, but for anyone else reading this. My fiance and I just did a helmet dive for the first time in St Maarten. We really enjoyed it. It is really an experience you have to experience to truly appreciate how much fun it is. The staff in St Maarten were very helpful. Here are some pictures from my St Maarten Helmet dive.

Damon Ledet

http://www.damonledet.com/blog

Hi, your pics look great. My wife and I are going to St. Maarten at the end of October. We saw a You Tube video of the St. Thomas location and the water was very murky and not that many fish. We where going to go with this location until we saw you photos and now we are considering St. Maarten. If we do I hope we have the same results as you did! :)

Archived