Show us your hair!

clover_cruiser

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to touch on a hair subject that most people don't talk about but is still very prevalent out there.

I am 29 years old and I wear a wig. I have alopecia areata so I have not been able to grow my own hair since I was 4. I'm used to it now and don't even think about it really, but every now and then an event takes place that draws it to my attention. Such as, how do I deal with the wig issue if I wanna go swimming on vacation? Or, how do I keep it on my head in high winds when I want to go on a cruise? Well, because of this, I did a little research. I found an amazing wig that is made for not only all types of water; salt, fresh, and chloronated, but also for high winds. I actually saw a video of a woman skydiving with it on.

I'm very excited because I was able to order it even though I'm deployed in Iraq right now. It took about 8 weeks but it is finally on it's way to my apartment and waiting for me to take on my cruise. It's at a website called Amy's Presence www.amyspresence.com and it's called Cyberhair. Amy Gibson, the owner, helped me personally. They have excellent customer service and can answer just about any question you throw at them. I know, I've seen me do it.

I know not all women wear wigs and not all wear them for the same reason but if there is even one out there who reads this and it helps them enjoy their cruising experience without having to worry about the embarrassments that can come from hair that just won't behave literally, then I feel this posting was worth it.

As soon as I get back home in a couple of weeks I'll take a pic and post it for all. Thank you all for indulging me.

Cheers,

meldam aka "Bald Eagle"

Thank you so much for this post. I have a teenaged patient dealing with exactly this issue and I am printing your post and the web address to give her as soon as I see her again. It is truly a wonderful thing that there is a product like this to meet her needs.

Also, "stay low" and thank you so much for your service to our country!!

Sherri

I'm not saying the only good haircuts are the expensive ones, quite the contrary, there are wonderful haircutters out there in all price ranges. When you do find one, stick with them, be loyal and your hair will thank you and you will always look great.

I have to whole-heartedly agree here! I spent several years paying $125 every 4 weeks to get my hair cut and colored. My style was always trendy but rarely flattering. I have major cowlicks all over my head (it's more like a cow sucked on my whole head :rolleyes:) and the gal who cut my hair did not take that into consideration, so the cuts always looked strange on me. When finances tightened, I stopped going to her. I asked a friend, whose hair ALWAYS looked good, where she got her hair done and I found my current stylist. She runs her business out of her home and charges me FAR less than where I was going before. Best of all, I have styles that are both trendy and flattering...and my hair no longer sticks up in 50 places because of my cowlicks.:D

Archived