Changing airlines

tgr2387

I'm pretty limited to my airfare since it's so near my departure date. On different online sites one of the options is to switch airlines before you get to your final destination(i.e. Pittsburgh to Charlotte on U.S. Air, Charlotte to Miami, on United Airlines). The only way I'll do this is if I know I have plenty of time to potentially get from side of the airport to another. Will I have to pay baggage fees for both airlines? Has anyone does this?

I'm pretty limited to my airfare since it's so near my departure date. On different online sites one of the options is to switch airlines before you get to your final destination(i.e. Pittsburgh to Charlotte on U.S. Air, Charlotte to Miami, on United Airlines). The only way I'll do this is if I know I have plenty of time to potentially get from side of the airport to another. Will I have to pay baggage fees for both airlines? Has anyone does this?

That United flight from Charlotte to Miami would be operated by US Airways (a partner)--somewhere, in small print, it should say this.

As far as the baggage fees it would probably depend on how the website tickets it--if they ticket it as two separate flights then there is a possiblity of having to get your bags and re-check them (and pay the fee again), but since both flights are operated by US Airways, you may be able to avoid it. Again, it really depends on how they are ticketing the trip.

Archived