Renting Scooters?

DrummerDaveB

There are scooter places once you get off the ship, however we sailed on the NCL Spirit in Oct. and a lady was left behind because her scooter had a flat and she couldn't make it back to the ship. Our ship waited an hour for her but no luck. Also a few other couples were almost left because they did not have enough time. I would only recommend if you have been to the island before and know your way around, otherwise you might miss the ship.

Have a great time Roatan is awesome!:D

On my last cruise a lady from our ship wrecked her scooter due to the bad road conditions on Cozumel. These island roads are not maintained anywhere near US conditions.

Her husband had to go back to the ship and get over 2k cash to pay to the hospital/ambulance before they would release her from the ambulance to reboard the ship.

The scooters can be a lot of fun...but I think there are better/safer options on every island.

Hi!

It is still untamed as to tourists: I suspect that it does

have the best water and people. Despite being so poor.

Scooters are a great risk but one could do if they plan a back up.

Those two way radios just do not work over the mountain in the middle of Roatan, nor due the boat radios sometimes.

I like "local" places, I noted the new Roatan forum here last week: it needs to grow! I also got back to the ship say ten minutes before the deadline: but had back-up.

Roatan has one Hospital and a private clinic "hospital" that serves those with money.

Hence: I'd never rent a scooter as at the least I'd get billed a lot at the worst: well I'd be shipped home via an airplane.

Rent a cab: walk on a beach, etc, try a local resturant, etc!

ColoradoLad

Archived