Dolphins and small kids?

noche_caliente

I have a son who will be almost 4 when we are in Roatan during our April cruise. He has his heart set on getting to see dolphins, but I understand we can only book dolphin encounters through the ship. Unfortunately they have a minimum age of 5 for the excursion. Any ideas?

Thanks!

We are looking for Dolphin encounters too for a 5 and 8 yr old. There are two dolphin tours offered on our RC cruise in April. One goes to Tabayana Beach the minimum age is 5. The other goes to Anthony Keys and the age is 6. I looked at the Anthony's Keys website and they list a dolphin encounter for non guests. I did not see a specific age. I don't know if transportation is available individually from the port, but that might be an option for you. There's an 800 on their website.

Per their website:

Participants enter our Bailey's Key lagoon from the gently sloping beach and wade into waist-deep water. A trained staff member offers an informative, "hands-on" interaction with a resident dolphin. This encounter requires no swimming skills, and is ideal for small children, the elderly, and anyone who wants to interact with dolphins without cumbersome snorkeling gear. Provides great photo opportunities.

There are no advance bookings, all dolphin arrangements are to be made on property.

Archived