Taking the same cruise AGAIN and AGAIN x's 3 :)~

cruisinmom68

We have been on many carribean cruises and have seen the same islands again and again. I never get bored as I love to be anywhere on a ship, but maybe they have not been on a cruise and just don't get it. We are doing our first aft cabin and I am so excited to get that experience!!!!! Who cares what they think?????

Cruisinmom68 I applaud your hootzpah! Just continue to do what's right for you and your family. ;).

I'm envious & can't wait until I can do an Alaska cruise...but because I want to combine a cruise vacation with at least a week at Denali PLUS spend a little time with friends who moved to Fairbanks in 2001...I think it'll have to wait until after I retire. Right now I get 23 vacation days annually, but realistically can't be away from the office for more than 2 weeks at a time.

We've done same cruises/same ship and same ship/different itinerary on numerous occasions...I say if it works why fix it!

Enjoy your aft balcony!

My sweetheart and I love the Boston to Bermuda cruise. We went in June 08 and Oct. 08 we will do it again and again . :D

We've sailed to Bermuda the last three summers in a row (once on Celebrity, twice on NCL). Bermuda is just about our favorite place in the world. Each cruise was better than the last, as we became more familiar with the Bermudian ports.

You absolutely made my day! You must completely understand this Alaska obsession. Lucky you though you dont have to pay for airfare from across the country. I think that would be really dangerous for me. My poor husband would be working 3 jobs just to satisfy my need for cruising to Alaska. Fortunately for him the distance does keep me a bit more under control *lol*

By the way I have hundreds and hundreds of photos from the past 2 years but not sure where exactly to host them.

If we could afford it, cruisinmom68, I'd love to cruise to Alaska at the beginning of the season, the middle of the season & the end of the season!;) But we're both retired now and unless we win the lotto, I guess I'll have to be satisfied with once a year.

You might try posting your pictures on webshots.com. I've got our pictures posted there and it's easy to do and free to join!

Hey, maybe you should consider moving to Seattle! Think of all the money you'd save in airfare!:D

Just hung up the phone with some family and they think its absurd to take the same cruise in 2010 that we took in August of 2007, and August of 2008. The question was asked. Aren't you bored with the same cruise?

Alaska on the Pearl in August! 8-24-2007 and then again 8-17-2008 and the future plan is 8-8-1010. The first year we had a balcony and no kids. The 2nd year we had an interior and my oldest and youngest children. Next year we will have an AFT balcony and my 2 middle children (16 & 17).

I have been using the kids as an excuse to go back because of graduations and giving them lasting memories but to be honest I LOVE THIS CRUISE! I love Alaska. I love watching for whales. I love cruising and just have no desire to go anywhere else or even try any other ship. Glacier Bay is beyond words.

Is there anyone else out there like me? I live in NY so its quite a ways to get to Seattle. It would be much less expensive (no airfare) to cruise out of New York City, Boston,Baltimore or Phili. BUT I just dont care. I love Alaska!

I don't find it strange at all. How is it any different than my neighbours who loaded up the car every spring break, drove the 20 hours from Toronto to Orlando, stayed in the same hotel, and went to Disney World every day.

Viv

While our "cruising" began with the need to sail on the vintage ships, before they disappeared, we really didn't care about the itineraries. We ended up sailing to Bermuda three times (Pacific Princess, QE2, & NCL Majesty) and found we loved it there...so much so, that we're going back again this year. BUT...having now been to ALASKA, I have to say that the wonders of that wilderness, the serenity of the scenery, and majesty of the mountains has truly captured our souls. Sadly, we, too, live on the east coast and the airfare to fly across the country kills us...still we PLAN to go back as soon as we can afford it again. In the meantime, we'll always have Bermuda!

So, I guess, I'm with you...if you are able to go to Alaska over and over again...do it and enjoy every milli-second of your cruise to that great State!

Debjo

I don't think I have the nerve to say where we've gone every year, even down to just about the same week.:p:D:o

Oh...come on...I'll admit I am cruisin' the Hawaiian Islands a week earlier than we went the summer before last...AND...we even booked one of the same staterooms! At least we will know our way around.:)

Oh...come on...I'll admit I am cruisin' the Hawaiian Islands a week earlier than we went the summer before last...AND...we even booked one of the same staterooms! At least we will know our way around.:)

We cruise on Celebrity to Bermuda 5 times, 1 times on RCCL, 2times on NCL and have 09 booked on NCL. All, but one in Sept., have been the same week in Oct. We've booked same cabins as well.

Friends bust on us for it but it's no different than those who go to the beach at home every summer. They also think we're strange going to just Bermuda. DH has a little issue with flying and we've been able to go out of drivable ports, NY, NJ, Balt. or Phila.

Plus, we like everything about Bermuda. It is relatively safe and we never feel unsafe walking around with common sense, not at night or off the beaten path. No one bothers you on the beach to sell you something or braid your hair. The country is wealthy with low unemployment and no slum areas. The merchants are businessmen, not hucksters and there's no bargaining.

It's a small island, very easy ro get around and we manage to do or see something different each time, along with some of our must do's. It's refined with it's British influence and ties without being stuffy. People are very friendly and always eager to help in any way.

Then there are the beaches....oh gorgeous beaches.

94189d06.jpg

Is there anywhere on earth more magical than Alaska? The air is so clean and crisp, the scenery breathtaking.I could do 4 B2B's in Alaska.

I've done the Alaskan cruise as a girlfriend-trip, DH has not. He and I are going in August on Pearl.

The problem with this trip will be that I know once we cruise there he will never want to do another southern caribbean cruise again. I'm trying to get us on a twice/yr schedule-February someplace beachy and warm, August (when it's 110F here)-Alaska.

Enjoy your trip!

Archived