Queens Grill

Selfloadingcargo

No, the tat is Lidl's:). Can't speak for your cruise director. Hello, by the way:).

Mary

Hi Mary & Gav,

I do admit to being a bit of a snob....but only the harmless variety :) ; however to address female passengers as "Love" at both the World Club & the Grills cocktails parties just isn't on & is possibly why said CD is now on P&O (not sure which ship, but probably quite well suited to Ventura after recent press reports!).:rolleyes:

That explains it....an area code 860 person...you should come down to Fairfield County where the real CT folks live...

I get to visit quite often. Weddings, baby showers, stuff like that. My daughter in law is from Ridgefield, so that is where my son got married. Nice place to visit, wouldn't want to. . . .though.:)

I always heard that Fairfield County folk believe they are not a part of Connecticut, but rather a country unto itself. True?

As goes Fairfield County so goes CT. Ask Nancy Wyman why there is a budget crisis. It is because all of us in Fairfield County don't have any capital gains to be taxed which is used to support the steerage folks in the other counties.

As goes Fairfield County so goes CT. Ask Nancy Wyman why there is a budget crisis. It is because all of us in Fairfield County don't have any capital gains to be taxed which is used to support the steerage folks in the other counties.

I know, our state is going down the tubes since all those nasty Fairfield County CEO's ruined their companies. Now it is the proles who have to carry all you guys.

what is a proles?

Why don't you two swap email addys and you can continue this discussion offline? I'm sure with some direct one-on-one communication that you two will be seeing eye-to-eye in no time.:D

Just suggesting...not wanting for us to get distracted from the great divide of Grills vs. Britannia.;)

Also be aware that there is a tremendous jealousy factor in play here where those folks in steerage class constantly try to denigrate those of us who are able to travel in the Queens Grill accommodations. Don't let it lessen your enjoyment of your vacation.

Poor Bob! He just can't seem to see beyond his own narcissistic perspective. I have no desire at all to travel in the Grills category. Now that I am retired I have lots of time to travel. I would prefer to take more, less expensive trips, than fewer, more expensive ones. I love the Britannia restaurant - its expansiveness, that it stretches across the ship, the sense of theatre that it creates for me. The Grills, on the other hand, I find much less interesting - they seem much more like many of the first class restaurants in which I have eaten on land. I prefer inside cabins - I am a night owl and so find a windowless cabin more conducive to sleeping late in the morning. (I have refused upgrades to oceanview cabins.) Also, I love ships and choose to spend my time wandering and relaxing in the public areas. Consequently the extra space available in higher priced cabins would be wasted on me. In addition, as a socially reponsible person, I do not choose to use more resources than I require to be comfortable. Bob and his ilk will, I am sure, continue to interpret my preferences as 'sour grapes'. Despite this I am truly delighted that he and others have a different perspective and choose to travel in the Grills - their subsidization of my voyage is very much appreciated! Also, I imagine that Bob, like many Grills pax, tends to confine himself to the Grill facilities; consequently I don't have to deal on board with his self-serving pretentiousness! I am aware, of course, that the 'Bobs' on this Board are the minority among Grills pax. Indeed, I have met many lovely, polite, sensitive, and funny Grills pax whilst they were slumming it, making forays into the steerage area of the ship! LOL Vive la difference! Bon voyage! Bill

Jamie,

If you really want to keep this thread going ask how much to tip...

Bob,

I've only got one thing to say to that remark:

PRE-TIED BOW TIES!!!!

That should keep the momentum going for a bit (we can pick up on the finer points of the dress code later).

:):):):)

Bob,

I've only got one thing to say to that remark:

PRE-TIED BOW TIES!!!!

That should keep the momentum going for a bit (we can pick up on the finer points of the dress code later).

:):):):)

I've asked this question many times already and never yet received a satisfactory. What, precisely, IS a pre-tied bow tie?

Gari

Poor Bob! He just can't seem to see beyond his own narcissistic perspective. I have no desire at all to travel in the Grills category. Now that I am retired I have lots of time to travel. I would prefer to take more, less expensive trips, than fewer, more expensive ones. I love the Britannia restaurant - its expansiveness, that it stretches across the ship, the sense of theatre that it creates for me. The Grills, on the other hand, I find much less interesting - they seem much more like many of the first class restaurants in which I have eaten on land. I prefer inside cabins - I am a night owl and so find a windowless cabin more conducive to sleeping late in the morning. (I have refused upgrades to oceanview cabins.) Also, I love ships and choose to spend my time wandering and relaxing in the public areas. Consequently the extra space available in higher priced cabins would be wasted on me. In addition, as a socially reponsible person, I do not choose to use more resources than I require to be comfortable. Bob and his ilk will, I am sure, continue to interpret my preferences as 'sour grapes'. Despite this I am truly delighted that he and others have a different perspective and choose to travel in the Grills - their subsidization of my voyage is very much appreciated! Also, I imagine that Bob, like many Grills pax, tends to confine himself to the Grill facilities; consequently I don't have to deal on board with his self-serving pretentiousness! I am aware, of course, that the 'Bobs' on this Board are the minority among Grills pax. Indeed, I have met many lovely, polite, sensitive, and funny Grills pax whilst they were slumming it, making forays into the steerage area of the ship! LOL Vive la difference! Bon voyage! Bill

My kinda guy. :) See, I told you, Bob , we aren't all alike!!!

I've asked this question many times already and never yet received a satisfactory. What, precisely, IS a pre-tied bow tie?

Gari

Here is one I plan to get for Jean Luc's dad for our next cruise on the QM2. It doesn't show it, but there is a lttle elastic thingy that goes around the neck and clips. Very easy and neat for those who have manual dexterity problems.

Gari

Sorry, the poodle bow tie didn't post. Here are the three types of bowties. Now Grizzly, we all know that you prfer the freestyle type. And by now, most of us know that Jimmy prefers the pre-tied style, simply because he hasn't yet figured out how to tie his bowtie.. Then, there is the clip on style. I suspect there are a few Grillers who prefer these, although, I am quite positive that not one of them will ever admit it! When on, I would imagine no one would ever know which one a gentleman has chosen.

tiestyles.jpg

Kudos to you! ;)

Here are the three types of bowties. Now Grizzly, we all know that you prfer the freestyle type. And by now, most of us know that Jimmy prefers the pre-tied style, simply because he hasn't yet figured out how to tie his bowtie.. Then, there is the clip on style. I suspect there are a few Grillers who prefer these, although, I am quite positive that not one of them will ever admit it! When on, I would imagine no one would ever know which one a gentleman has chosen.

'FREESTYLE?' 'CLIP-ON?' 'PRE-TIED?' PM I know not whereof you speak.

There is ONLY a bow tie. A simple length of silk artfully fashioned with shaped ends which when correctly knotted around one's neck assumes the appearance of a bow. The illustrations you have provided are obviously some low fellow's idea of a jest. Either that or something from a clown's wardrobe or a children's entertainer's costume. As for your final sentence, can I assure you that a 'gentleman' does not have what you casually refer to as 'choice', there is no choice to be made. How can you have a choice of one. So when seeing a gentleman one instinctively knows that he is wearing a bow tie and not one of the other abominations you have shown. And one would ALWAYS know when someone (though obviously not a gentleman) is wearing one of those other things. Although naturally one would not speak of it (or to him).

Gari

'FREESTYLE?' 'CLIP-ON?' 'PRE-TIED?' PM I know not whereof you speak.

There is ONLY a bow tie. A simple length of silk artfully fashioned with shaped ends which when correctly knotted around one's neck assumes the appearance of a bow. The illustrations you have provided are obviously some low fellow's idea of a jest. Either that or something from a clown's wardrobe or a children's entertainer's costume. As for your final sentence, can I assure you that a 'gentleman' does not have what you casually refer to as 'choice', there is no choice to be made. How can you have a choice of one. So when seeing a gentleman one instinctively knows that he is wearing a bow tie and not one of the other abominations you have shown. And one would ALWAYS know when someone (though obviously not a gentleman) is wearing one of those other things. Although naturally one would not speak of it (or to him).

Gari

Does your real name start with M and end in W? ;) With that said, you are correct!

Archived