Alone Time Strategies

tommy2tone_1999

i say wait till 330 am and venture OUTSIDE the cabin when they are sleeping ;) thats what i did when i went on a cruise with a (girl) friend and also met a cool guy ;) u can get some good "alone" time when u are 12 stories above sea level!

amanda i hope u dont read this...

I'm cruising on the Fantasy with my wife and 2 sons. While this will be a family cruise, I would like some "Alone Time" with the wife. What are some ideas to keep the teen boys busy on the boat (for a while) so that we can get the cabin to ourselves? Can Camp Carnival page us when they leave there? Maybe I can confiscate their keys. :cool:

vacation is no vacation with kids...leave 'em at home....

lol...i am a mom of 3 lol.

• 4 weeks later...
Allow them to walk in on you once. It will be the last time, guaranteed.

My DD walked in us once - ONCE! :p She said she is scarred for life and will never get that image out of her head (age 17).

DS is 14, DD is 17 and we asked them "what do you do if come back to the cabin and see a do not disturb sign on the door" and DS says "knock." I said, "Wrong answer, you walk away & come back in a half hour or so until the sign is gone." At their age, they understand very well and will stay away.

I was wondering about alone time as well with my husband. Oldest DD is 17,and plans on being at the teen club as much as possible. Our youngest is 11 and is aprehensive about the cruise-I think her biggest fear is that she will not be able to find me, she will get lost, won't make friends, etc. She will go to Camp Carnival tho. And I will tell her that if there's a do not disturb sign on the door it's there for a reason! :eek:

If my parents had told me when I was a teen to stay away from the cabin because they had to "get it on", I would still be having nightmares about it. :eek:

Do yourself a favor, spend a bit extra money, get the teens their own cabin (which they'll be thankful for! In addition to not having to run the risk of walking into their parents getting it on, they will also have their own space to have their own kind of privacy, and to stay late without bothering you).

This will give yourself plenty of privacy to enjoy your "alone time", and it will most definitely enhance your entire cruise experience overall. IF you're asking in this forum about this, the money the extra cabin will cost will be completely worth it.

Totally Agree!!!!!

I have not shared a cabin with my kids and dont intend to start. BUT they are both over 21 now!!!

To answer the question, no, Club O2 or Circle C counselors will not call your room to let them know the kids are leaving. At their age (your teens ages) they are independent and can come and go as they please from the group activities.

The nap idea is great. The door does deadbolt from within. You could also ask the boys to call the cabin before they return so you have a heads up that they are coming back.

Use the ole' nap for an excuse.....since these youngesters think we are OLD anyway.... a nap will sound like a perfectly good explanation....

That's what I was going to say..... Also tell them you'll be pretty crabby if they walk in and wake you up!!!

Our last cruise we went with another family with similar aged kids and we felt completely comfortable letting them go on their own around the ship ...as long as they were with their friend. Not individually on their own.

We're leaving in less than a week....can't wait!

Archived