Inspiration 01/12/09- What NO Door Decorations??

KNowme1st

For any one else on the Inspiration on 01/12/09, did you see many door decorations? I know I didn't. And we had so much fun doing ours and had hoped to see alot of others. This was for grandsons 13th bday. We had great time in out matching shirts.

P1010133.jpg.aaeca82ad9296863b236744e91a0d4ae.jpg

P1010173.jpg.0bc27b25e2c5f1d35bc652814b0e9105.jpg

P1010132.jpg.77aef42b030c98515b1ad1ed7dc1d066.jpg

I love the door, hope I can be as creative.

Thank you. It was really easy. The party lizard I picked up at a Big lots store the end of last summer. But they have things like that at party stores. And the 2009's i bought the day after New years in the 75% off bin. They were from new years tieras. I ripped off the tierra part and just kept the numbers. rest was odds and ends. Was fun and he just loved it. Took it home for his scrap book.

I didn't see any at all. You did a nice job on yours!

I know and i thought that was so sad. There is always post after post on "Door decorations" and then I saw nothing. I was so looking ofrward to seeing them all.

Maybe there wasnt becauase the 01/12 Inspiration cruise turned out to Be what looked like an AARP cruise. lol sorry. But Hey Im going to be 58 in 2 weeks so I can say that.

But Im not an old 58, I live and enjoy life to the fullest. But anyway, I wanted to see door decorations !! <sigh >

For any one else on the Inspiration on 01/12/09, did you see many door decorations? I know I didn't. And we had so much fun doing ours and had hoped to see alot of others. This was for grandsons 13th bday. We had great time in out matching shirts.

I was just going to say, I only saw one door decorated! And it was yours! LOL

WE are going on the Valor March 22nd will we have the smae sort of door? I was thinking of attaching things tape is ok for wood but what about the cloth covered doors I have seen how would I attach then? Its my Birthday so one theme is reasonably easy, the cruise is a gift from my parents who will also be coming and I would love some Thank you ideas for their door we can do in the middle of the night. I am not the most creative...

Maybe there wasnt becauase the 01/12 Inspiration cruise turned out to Be what looked like an AARP cruise. lol sorry. But Hey Im going to be 58 in 2 weeks so I can say that.

I don't know if it's a Tampa thing or what. I've done 3 cruises out of Tampa, and all had older than normal pax. My Dec 06 Miracle cruise had 400/2000 pax that were 75+, which I was told is quite unusual on Carnival. I really thought my 10/30 4 day cruise would be wild and have a lot of younger folks (20s and 30s) because it's a 4 day and because it was over Halloween...boy was I wrong. Had a blast, but was surprisedat the demographics.

I rarely see door decs on my cruises. Maybe one or two doors will be decorated, but nothing as elaborate as yours.

I don't know if it's a Tampa thing or what. I've done 3 cruises out of Tampa, and all had older than normal pax. My Dec 06 Miracle cruise had 400/2000 pax that were 75+, which I was told is quite unusual on Carnival. I really thought my 10/30 4 day cruise would be wild and have a lot of younger folks (20s and 30s) because it's a 4 day and because it was over Halloween...boy was I wrong. Had a blast, but was surprisedat the demographics.

I rarely see door decs on my cruises. Maybe one or two doors will be decorated, but nothing as elaborate as yours.

We noticed this too! I wonder if the demographics in Tampa lean more towards the older set.

WE are going on the Valor March 22nd will we have the smae sort of door? I was thinking of attaching things tape is ok for wood but what about the cloth covered doors I have seen how would I attach then? Its my Birthday so one theme is reasonably easy, the cruise is a gift from my parents who will also be coming and I would love some Thank you ideas for their door we can do in the middle of the night. I am not the most creative...

Fast thought. go to a party store. Metallic letters spelling Thank you. maybe be 2 or 3 times around door. differant colors, then something that looks like a gift box. ( since it was a gift) Either pre made, or easy enough to make with construction paper. then maybe you can get a ship. either cardboard decoration or picture from some where. then you can have some one take a photo of you and waving, cut out and put on deck of ship. or cut a figur out of a magazine and just stick your head on it.

But I would think the Thank yous would be the focal. fast and easy to tape up in a mid night raid.

I saw you guys with your matching shirts when we were getting on in Tampa! I recognize the shirts!

Cute door decor. We brought decorations..but our room was on the very end and super easy to find. We got lazy and didnt put them up!

:)

I saw you guys with your matching shirts when we were getting on in Tampa! I recognize the shirts!

Cute door decor. We brought decorations..but our room was on the very end and super easy to find. We got lazy and didnt put them up!

:)

The shirts were great, people were calling grandson "nr 3" they'd see just DH and I and would say , "wheres nr 3??" Since it was his first cruise we thought it would be asier to keep track of each other that first day. Brat took all 3 of them home. lol

Fast thought. go to a party store. Metallic letters spelling Thank you. maybe be 2 or 3 times around door. differant colors, then something that looks like a gift box. ( since it was a gift) Either pre made, or easy enough to make with construction paper. then maybe you can get a ship. either cardboard decoration or picture from some where. then you can have some one take a photo of you and waving, cut out and put on deck of ship. or cut a figur out of a magazine and just stick your head on it.

But I would think the Thank yous would be the focal. fast and easy to tape up in a mid night raid.

Metallic letters great idea! I will have to travel to a store to get them but thats not an issue. Maybe a gift bag with a photo of the ship and us sticking out of it. Great ideas thanks so much.

Metallic letters great idea! I will have to travel to a store to get them but thats not an issue. Maybe a gift bag with a photo of the ship and us sticking out of it. Great ideas thanks so much.

Oh you are most welcome. I'd love to see what you do once your cruise is over. Enjoy it.

PS grandson is HOOKED !! He wanted to get back on and do 14 days!!

Oh, I saw you guys when we were waiting to board in the VIP area. Nice shirts ;) I dind't know anything about the door decorations, and I didn't see any. I'll have to think about that for next time.

Glad you liked the shirts, we had fun with them. Shame about the door decorations. I was looking forward to seeing how every one did theirs !! And thats how I found out about the door decorations, reading about it on here. And I was soooooooo looking forward to it. oh well next time

Archived