Skagway - Horse Riding Adventure

Sauvignon

I should have added that I've been on the ones at Spirit Lake (which is usually combined with a canoe trip) and Emerald Lake - both are very good, with great scenery (the rides are both about half in open country, half in an open pine/spruce forest).

We did the one at Spirit Lake which was an hour horseback and an hour canoe. The horse ride was nice with some beautifully cared for horses and nice scenery. The lunch that was included at the lodge was great. We booked this independently (directly with the lodge) since we had a rental car for the day. This saved us some money from booking throught the ship or with a tour group.

i am an experienced horse rider.

lived in skagway for 5 months.

did not work for any tour company but worked other business.

the horse ride out of skagway for me was boring.

van ride to a horse stable and corral in the Dyea woods.

horses were great and rode well, they match you up with the right one for your experience, they make you wear a helmet too,

anyway, the ride itself is through the woods in Dyea and then suddenly you are in the open, it's beautiful scenery for sure but there's no waterfalls or anything like that.

certain parts of the year there are amazing purple and yellow plants flowering, but i think that's at the beginning and end of summer....

ride: flat, slow, boring. i personally didn't like it. other horse riding i've done: puerto rico rain forest (amazing), costa rica beach (amazing), antigua on the beach (amazing), and texas.

Archived