What Time to Board Navigator?

estaggs

Hi! Looking for recent Navigator cruisers...What time were you able to check in and board in Miami? We're leaving this Saturday (can't wait) and I'm wondering what time we should get there. Sailed on Voyager last year, and I think we got to Miami around 11:30 or 12:00 and were able to check in and walk right on, but it was last year and I'm not sure. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Thanks!

We sailed on 10/23. We got to the terminal at 11:05 and was checked in and standing in line waiting to board by 11:15. If you go any later, the lines will start forming and you'll have longer to wait. However, since the election was drawing near, Customs and Immigration were being pickier and it took longer for the passengers to disembark, meaning we didn't start boarding until a few minutes after noon. When we disembarked the next Saturday, it was even worse, with the ship not being cleared until 1:30. The following week's passengers were not able to board until after that. Supposedly, that is now over and they are back on a regular schedule.

If I had it to do over again this coming week, I would get there exactly when I did - 11:00.

We were on the 10/30 sailing of the Navigator and did experience some problems due to pre-election heightened security. My memory is a little vague here, but I believe we arrived between 10:30 and 11:00. Everything up to the actual boarding went very quickly and smoothly, then we waited. It was 1:15 before we were allowed to actually board the ship. This is probably not the norm.

Archived