Friends & Family taxi tour

PokrChick

Before our cruise, I had seen several postings asking about this tour but no replies. We decided to try it and it was well worth the money! There were 6 of us and it cost $250 (plus we tipped the driver $50) for a van and driver for the entire day. The van could have held another couple people. Our driver Nathanial, cab #71, was great! He took us all over the island, both sides, stopping anytime we wanted to. We drove through the touristy areas as well as some out of the way, more cultural areas. We saw a plane land a Maho, shopped on the French side, gawked at Orient beach and spent a couple hours at Dawn beach. He dropped the women off for more shopping on the Dutch side. The guys went back to the ship and he then came and got us at a preplanned time. It worked out perfectly for us.

Thanks so much for letting us know about the Friends and Family Taxi Tour.

We are planning on taking this tour in December. There are 9 of us--could Nathaniel's taxi handle that? I would love to ask for him, if possible. I have a plan worked out for the whole day and this sounded like a great tour for us.

Thanks again.

Lisaanne

I am sure this was a great tour. We looked really hard at doing it but with just the two of us it was kind of pricey. Glad to hear it was so good! We met Joyce Prince and could not have been happier for just us 2. She doesn't really compete with the taxi tour as she only takes families and no more than 4 as of when we were there.... Don't you just love St. Martin?

the Family and Friends tour. I never got any responses, but did get another response off another board. Anyway, we got an awesome tour of the island, just by going to the taxi stand. They have three different tour options to choose from, all set prices. Ours was about 3 1/2 hours, 8 people, and $25 a person. It was great. I would highly recommend it. I am always one who wants everything planned before I go, but this worked out really, really well, and I would recommend it to any other person who wants details and plans done before they go. Let me know if you want more info.

• 2 weeks later...
There are 9 of us--could Nathaniel's taxi handle that? I would love to ask for him, if possible.

For the life of me, I can't remember how many passengers the van actually held. Based on their rates however (Rate: 1 to 6 passengers $250.00, 7 to 10 passengers $280.00,11 to 14 passengers $330.00), I would imagine that it must have held 10. There were only 6 of us and I remember there being at least a couple extra seats. Sorry, but wish I could be more specific! Regardless of your driver, I'm sure you'll have a great time. I have to say, my port stop in St. Maarten is by far the best I've had! Wonderful island full of wonderful, gracious people.

The van we were in, which appeared to be the same as all of them, had four seats and then the passenger seat. You could have fit 14 in, but we had 8 and were very comfortable. Nine would be two to a seat and one in the passenger--very comfortable. If you can't get Nathanial, ask for Irwin Bell, #194. He was great, too. Has lived on the island since birth. Gave a lot of good information about the island, it's history, construction work, and his family. We loved him.

Archived