Any other ideas?

1sttimerEa

OK, so every year 6 girls take a cruise and I am always the one who plans the excursions. Now normally I do a good job and find some great tour operators and save everyone some money. Samana though is kicking my butt. I love a good beach day as much as the next girl, and we always have one day that we use for diving/snorkeling. So right now my NCL cruise looks like this.

DR - ???? But it looks like my only viable option is Casa Doro - Playa Rinco which don't get me wrong, looks great but as I go on you will see my issue.

St Thomas - Shopping and Sapphire beach on our own.

Tortola - Diving and snorkeling.

So you see right now I have two beach days in Samana and St Thomas and I would really like to do something different in Samana.

So now back to the topic of my thread...Any Other Ideas?

If you don't want to do a beach day in Samana you are probably stuck with doing a ship's tour to Los Haites nat. park.

Or you could swap your St. Thomas beach time to something else and do beach in Samana. I just posted info on a beach & dive shop in Samana.

toursamanawithterry@hotmail.com

He is an american living in Samana, owns a restaurant and does private tours (for up to 6 people I think).

He can take you straight to the beach or include a tour which takes you to some waterfalls, top of the mountain with a view of the bay, etc.

He seems like a really cool guy and lots of fun. Oh, and he includes beer, sodas & rum while on his tour!!! :D

Hi DR 1963, you should check out our roll call. We have a group that is going to Playa Rincon with Casa Dorada (I have done this trip before) and they are looking for 4 more people.

Here is a link to our group's thread for the 3/28 Dawn cruise critic group. We are having a meet & greet on the first sea day as well.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=765388

(probably easier to start reading the last post first, since there are so many ;))

Please join us!

Nicky

:)We are sailing on the Dawn on 3/28/09 as well. It sounds like you have been to Samana before, I read your post about the American tourguide. Do you have any other recommendations.

We have booked an excursion to Playa RIncon, and are still looking for 4 people to join us.

As Nicky said, come on over and join our roll call!

Silc

Archived