Questions about Veendam

vkelly278

My first time cruising and I have a few questions about a cruise on the HA Veendam?

-Does your price include of the cruise include all food (excluding soda and alcoholic beverages)?

-Is there any other onboard fees other than the $10/day per guest for gratuity?

-Price of a facial massage?

-Are there a seperate price for the onboard Vegas shows, movies, or other onboard activities?

-Do you have to go to the formal dining room every night or can you eat somewhere else?

Thanks in advance!!!:):)

My first time cruising and I have a few questions about a cruise on the HA Veendam?

-Does your price include of the cruise include all food (excluding soda and alcoholic beverages)?

Yes, except if you ichoose to trythe Pinnacle Grill(specialty restaurant) that is extra. $20 pp maybe?

-Is there any other onboard fees other than the $10/day per guest for gratuity?

No, other than spa, bingo, laundry, etc, but nothing automatic on your room charge except gratuities.

Don't know.

-Are there a seperate price for the onboard Vegas shows, movies, or other onboard activities?

No charge for shows or movies. Culinary arts demonstrations are extra, bingo, but everything else should be included.

-Do you have to go to the formal dining room every night or can you eat somewhere else?

Pinnacle Grill, Lido Buffet, or Room Service.

Hope this helps!:)

-Does your price include of the cruise include all food (excluding soda and alcoholic beverages)? All food is included that you consume in the Lido and dining room and room service. Should you decide to eat at the Pinnacle Grill (speciality restaurant) on all ships -- it is $20 per person for dinner and $10 per person for lunch. On the Eurodam there is also the Tamarind Restaurant -- lunch is free but it is $15 per person for dinner. Also on the Eurodam is the Canalleto another special restaurant which is open only for dinner -- it is free.

-Is there any other onboard fees other than the $10/day per guest for gratuity?The auto tips are now $11 per day per person. If you want a specialty coffee from the Explorations Cafe -- there are quite a few choices and there is a fee for these coffees -- a pastry served with them is free. Don't forget that a 15% gratuity is added onto all soda and cocktails and wines.

-Are there a seperate price for the onboard Vegas shows, movies, or other onboard activities?All the production shows, comedians, jugglers and other entertainment are free.

-Do you have to go to the formal dining room every night or can you eat somewhere else?Besides the dining room you can also have dinner in the Lido -- hours are usually 5:30 - 8 or 8:30 -- varies by ship and itinerary -- check your daily program for the hours. You can also order dinner to eat in your cabin -- you can order from the main dining room menu -- must do so from around 5:15 - 6 PM -- you can choose the time you want to eat.

If you have any other questions -- feel free to ask.

I must say that I always attend the culinary arts demonstrations and have never paid for one. They do great recipes and then pass out samples. Great fun! They do have cooking classes on some cruises and there is a charge for that. Enjoy all those free events!

Forgot about those -- the cooking demonstrations are on sea days -- usually right after the Kitchen tour -- both are free -- you will get the recipes for what is being made and a sample of one of the items.

There is usually 2 cooking classes on a 7 day cruise -- sometimes this information and what is being prepared will be included in your packet of information when you check in at the pier. The classes cost $29 each -- limited to 12 people -- sign up at the front desk -- usually held on sea days. You get to eact what you prepare -- free glass of wine is served with the meal.

Some of the ships will have a Mixology Class -- on the Eurodam it was $17 for each class.

There are also wine tastings -- the regular one is $15 per person to sample 4 or 5 wines. The premimum one is $35 -- again 4 or 5 wines -- depends on ship and wine cellar master.

Archived