Holiday U217 Cabin Pics

Mr.Clean

Looks like a great cabin. We've stayed in U215 before. Can't beat the price and the big window for a 1A!!:) We sail on the Holiday next month, and we are all the way forward on the main deck. Cabin M2. I wish I could get a picture of that cabin, but no one seems to have any:( It's laid out similar to U217, but it's a 5A. Has 2 portholes, and the beds go together to form a Queen.

It was a great looking cabin, but the first one we ever got at the very back of the boat. (very cheap) I don't know how other ships are, but I can't recommend doing this on the Holiday. I cannot begin to describe how bad the shaking and rattling was back there when we hit some rough seas on the fourth night. (This was a 5 night cruise) Also, no alarm clock was needed for "ports of call" mornings. When the docking process begins, you will know about it. Trust me on this one. On good nights though, it was like being rocked to sleep.

Yes. I do remember that well. When we were in U215, the vibrations were so bad, it was knocking stuff off of our desk and the vanity in the bathroom!!:eek: This was a couple of years ago. i guess it hasn't gotten any better? I hope being in the far forward section of the ship the vibration will be less, but the rocking motion will probably be just as bad. Other than that , we love the Holiday. This will be our 5th and final voyage on her.:(

Hey Mr. Clean! You just made me feel like a rock-star for posting this for me! :D Thanks for the pics - the cabin looks great! Luckily I'm a late to bed gal, and up early for ports. Sounds like this room will be perfect for us! And we really can't complain about the room for the price - we knew we were booking an upper and lower, but for less than $200 pp for 5 nights on the final sailing, who can argue? :D Thanks again!

Hello all...I was on the same cruise with Mr Clean - and was in M-170, also toward the back of the boat, 1 level below Mr Clean. He's right, when the props come out of the water in rough seas or when they reverse pitch on the props, you know it. Given a choice, pay a few bucks more and go forward in the boat. You'll be glad you did. Other than that, for the price we paid for a 5-nighter, we couldn't be more satisfied.

Archived