Price drop

Jaxom37

I just noticed that the cabin price on a cruise in April I have booked has dropped by $200 per person for my CC cabin. Whats the Celebrity policy on price drops? Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

If you booked this cruise with Celebrity directly...contact them and request a price decrease. If you booked through a Travel Agent, then contact your TA, and request a price decrease.

There shouldn't be any problem with this at all.

As long as the price drop isn't part of the Xciting deals for new bookings only or any other promotion for new bookings only or you didn't book under a travel agent's group price, you should be able to get the lower price

Need to stress that once you see a price drop, send the screenshot to your TA and call them immediately so that the booking can be adjusted accordingly. I have been monitoring Mercury sailing to Alaska in Sep for the last year, we have been booked on it since April '08, and there has been 3 very significant price drops - but everytime, the price bounces back up. About 2 Sundays back, I checked, and the price was down by $1500, I had our rates adjusted, and today I am seeing the price has gone back up by $600...

What if you booked thru a travel agent and already paid for the cruise?

As long as you didn't book under a travel agent group pricing and/or the price drop is not a new booking only price, you should let your travel agent know and they should be able to get the new price for you.

We have gotten a credit on the credit card that we used for final payment when the price dropped after final payment.

I called Celebrity and on my 5 nite April 11 cruise I saved $350.00 for my self and friend. ($700.00 for both) I am also booked on the 16th of April for 4 days with two other friends, and I upgraded to a Sky Suite for a few bucks more. It pays to keep an eye on prices thats for sure. :-)

Archived