Question about Name on Tickets

cvrap

I realized today that my son is ticketed under his middle and last name because that's what he goes by and always has. We have never used his "first" name. His passport will have his full name on it. Do you think this will be a problem at checkin?

I realized today that my son is ticketed under his middle and last name because that's what he goes by and always has. We have never used his "first" name. His passport will have his full name on it. Do you think this will be a problem at checkin?

You need to get this corrected ASAP......his documents should be IDENTICAL to his passport.

We just returned from the Fantasy. On the ticket my dad was listed as Jerry. On his passport it's Jerome (real name). The lady at the desk made a comment about how the names didn't match. He explained that he goes by Jerry. She said. Well there is nothing I can do to change it now and let us go on the ship. He didn't have any problems getting on and off in ports or back in New Orleans.

You need to change it - especially if a flight is involved!

We just returned from the Fantasy. On the ticket my dad was listed as Jerry. On his passport it's Jerome (real name). The lady at the desk made a comment about how the names didn't match. He explained that he goes by Jerry. She said. Well there is nothing I can do to change it now and let us go on the ship. He didn't have any problems getting on and off in ports or back in New Orleans.

You were lucky as I was next to another couple on a recent cruise at check in time and they DID NOT GET TO BOARD due to an error in their documents and proof of citizenship simply because of a first name discrepency. They were on their honeymoon....talk about devistated.

Legal names are VERY IMPORTANT to avoid any possibility of being denied boarding. If it can be fixed before travel due to an error... why risk it !

There's no flight. The problem is my TA said we'd have to cancel and then rebook. We have the early saver rate. I know there is something about a $50 change fee. I told her that. She said that Carnival told her we'd lose the entire $200 deposit. She's going to check and call me back tomorrow. The thing is I'm not changing a person. His name is correct. His passport and birth certificate have his full name on there. Of course, I don't want to lose the $50 either. I don't feel I'm really doing a "name change." The invoice she sent me says to look and see if you need to make any corrections and this is when I emailed her that his first name is _____ and his middle name is _____.

There are no name changes allowed on the Early Saver. However, my PVP booked my DD under her name currently on her Past Guest info, but her last name had recently changed due to my husband adopting her. I faxed the adoption order over and a PVP supervisor had it changed with no fee under the Early Saver.

Did you give your TA your sons middle name as his name for the ticket?

I did give her his "middle" name because that's what he's always been called. It's just natural to say that instead of his "first" name. I'm not having the best relationship with the TA. Is there any way to call Carnival and get it fixed like the above poster? Since we changed to the Early Saver rate, she's not been very responsive to me at all. It's the same person, just a correction on the name.

I will pay the $50 fee if that's what it takes. I won't take the chance. It's just she told me I'd lose $200. The funny thing is she and I went over the non-refundable deposit thing IN DEPTH. We talked about using $150 toward another cruise if we had to cancel. Now she's just told me we will lose the $200 because we'd have to cancel and rebook. Of course, I really feel that they should just correct his name and not "change" it and I'd like to not lose anything. I'm not cancelling.

I did give her his "middle" name because that's what he's always been called. It's just natural to say that instead of his "first" name. I'm not having the best relationship with the TA. Is there any way to call Carnival and get it fixed like the above poster? Since we changed to the Early Saver rate, she's not been very responsive to me at all. It's the same person, just a correction on the name.

If you booked with a TA, they will proably refer you back to your TA. I dont want this to come across the wrong way, but it is important that you give the legal name when booking travel (i.e-cruise tickets, airline tickets, etc)..anything that involves having to prove identification. I wasnt sure if your TA had mad a mistake or something.

Can you cancel and re-book the same cruise with the correct name and just pay the $50?

I will pay the $50 fee if that's what it takes. I won't take the chance. It's just she told me I'd lose $200. The funny thing is she and I went over the non-refundable deposit thing IN DEPTH. We talked about using $150 toward another cruise if we had to cancel. Now she's just told me we will lose the $200 because we'd have to cancel and rebook. Of course, I really feel that they should just correct his name and not "change" it and I'd like to not lose anything. I'm not cancelling.

No, you can transfer the $150 over to another cruise....

It is my mistake. I just never refer to him by the first name. He probably wouldn't even turn his head and know you were talking to him if you said his first name. I just feel that this is a correction and not a change. But I will fix it and pay $50 if that's what it takes. Now I will say that his past guest number should be under his first name and originally when we booked before the early saver the TA should've looked up his past guest number as I did not have that handy at the time.

I'm dealing with this same situation now. I'm glad you brought this up.

What's happened with your situation? What are they telling you? Are you using a TA or did you go thru Carnival to book?

If you booked with a TA, they will proably refer you back to your TA. I dont want this to come across the wrong way, but it is important that you give the legal name when booking travel (i.e-cruise tickets, airline tickets, etc)..anything that involves having to prove identification. I wasnt sure if your TA had mad a mistake or something.

Can you cancel and re-book the same cruise with the correct name and just pay the $50?

I don't take that the wrong way. I've just been the "group" organizer and have booked 7 cabins and it's been a lot to handle. I got everybody right but mine.

I don't take that the wrong way. I've just been the "group" organizer and have booked 7 cabins and it's been a lot to handle. I got everybody right but mine.

Sounds like you had a lot going on!

Your TA should have been able to look up your son with his birthdate for the PG number, especially if he/she knew tht your son was a PG. With that said, I would then give Carnival a call and explain that your son is a past guest and that your TA booked him under the wrong name. Either that, or have your TA make that phone call to Carnival since he/she did the booking.

Gosh... you have 7 staterooms booked and at minimum, the TA should be generous enough to offer to pay the $50.00 for you based on the commission he or she is going to be making... that's just good PR and would leave you with a good feeling for the gesture.... perhaps the TA would split the $50.00 fee with ya at worst case scenario ???

Sounds like you had a lot going on!

Your TA should have been able to look up your son with his birthdate for the PG number, especially if he/she knew tht your son was a PG. With that said, I would then give Carnival a call and explain that your son is a past guest and that your TA booked him under the wrong name. Either that, or have your TA make that phone call to Carnival since he/she did the booking.

I don't think my TA likes me too much since we booked under the early saver. I had previously booked everyone and then changed to the early saver so she's had to deal with me quite a bit. She's supposed to call me tomorrow and let me know what "Carnival" tells her.

But this is a little interesting. I looked up the Early Saver on Carnival's website and this is what I found:

What is Early Saver?

• What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

It doesn't say anything about a name change. I know I've read about name changes somewhere but it doesn't say that on their website.

They've only said pay the $50. I'm going to see if I can cancel and rebook.

But why would you have to cancel? I was thinking if you had to make a change, you would pay the $50 and keep the same booking.

Did you book with Carnival?

I don't think my TA likes me too much since we booked under the early saver. I had previously booked everyone and then changed to the early saver so she's had to deal with me quite a bit. She's supposed to call me tomorrow and let me know what "Carnival" tells her.

But this is a little interesting. I looked up the Early Saver on Carnival's website and this is what I found:

What is Early Saver?

• What if I need to make changes to my ship or sailing date?

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

It doesn't say anything about a name change. I know I've read about name changes somewhere but it doesn't say that on their website.

How long ago did you book with your TA? Mine sends an invoice and it gives me 24 hours to make changes. I think you hit it exact when you said your TA isn't happy with you because of the Early Saver booking. I know the TA I used to book my Miracle cruise wasn't thrilled either when I asked to make the change. He stated they make very little on Carnival cruises and they are one of the agency that gives a lower price which means less comission for them. I'm betting alot of TA's aren't going to be happy when more and more people find out about this program and want to change. It does affect their bottom line.

Now as far as the name change you aren't asking to replace one passenger with another you are asking for them to fix a name that is listed incorrectly. If your TA gives you a hard time tell her that you want a 3 way call to Carnival to discuss this. There is no such thing as you losing your $250 deposit! You also do not have to cancel and rebook. It sounds like she's not happy with the additional work and less comission. Insist on hearing all this directly from Carnival if she refuses to help.

Good luck :)

Thanks. I knew I had read that somewhere. So I guess that's saying you would have to cancel and rebook because it says no name changes. But then what about the other person in the cabin with you? But I really feel that this is not a name change, just a correction. I feel a name change is changing the person out with a different person.

Also, you know when you're booking it's kind of hectic because you're trying to get the cabin before someone else does? Well, why send the invoice and say call with any corrections if you can't call and make a correction?

Thanks. I knew I had read that somewhere. So I guess that's saying you would have to cancel and rebook because it says no name changes. But then what about the other person in the cabin with you? But I really feel that this is not a name change, just a correction. I feel a name change is changing the person out with a different person.

Also, you know when you're booking it's kind of hectic because you're trying to get the cabin before someone else does? Well, why send the invoice and say call with any corrections if you can't call and make a correction?

Oh yea, i know how hectic that can be! I had mere seconds one time when I wanted a specific cabin...someone was trying to book at the same time as me.

Did she send you an email saying "let me know of any corrections?" Theres hope....just stand your ground with your TA!

Archived