Carnival Main Dining Room ?

carynvernon

Hello,

My husband and I are taking our 3 year old twins (will be 3.5 when sailing) on a Carnival cruise in May. I am a little nervous about the prospect of them eating with a large group of people they don't know. Is it possible to request a table for just the 4 of us? I emailed the TA that made our reservation and she said it wasn't possible, but that seemed a bit odd to me.

Thanks for any info.

Caryn

Hello,

My husband and I are taking our 3 year old twins (will be 3.5 when sailing) on a Carnival cruise in May. I am a little nervous about the prospect of them eating with a large group of people they don't know. Is it possible to request a table for just the 4 of us? I emailed the TA that made our reservation and she said it wasn't possible, but that seemed a bit odd to me.

Thanks for any info.

Caryn

Tell your travel agent that your friend Mia took her two year old twins on Carnival and requested at the time of booking - and was given - a table for four at the main seating. Insist that she communicate your request and that she follow up on it - that's what she's being paid for. Carnival won't guarantee seating assignments ahead of time, but they want to know your desire. The ship I was on (Pride) also had booths, which is perfect with toddlers because you can block them in, so I'd request a booth too. Once on board, if you don't have a table for four, see the maitre d' right away and he will do all he can to arrange it.

Best,

Mia

thanks so much for the advice. I am going to call the TA back and see if I get a different answer when talking to a different person. I just wanted to be sure that it was a possibility before I kept pushing for it. I've taken the twins on a Royal Caribbean cruise when they were 2 and we had a private table (arranged before hand) and we did fine, so I was hoping to arrange the same situation this time!

Caryn

I agree with Mia. The request CAN be made. Nothing is ever "impossible". Every cruise we have ever been on (and 2 of them were Carnival), we sat at a table for just my family or the friends we were traveling with.

If the TA refuses, then when you board, head to the Dining room as soon as you board and speak to the Maitre D. See where your table is and ask to switch if you are placed at a large table.

• 4 years later...

We have ALWAYS been able to get a table for just our family and once my husband and I cruised alone and had no problem as well. When you go to dinner just be sure to request it if you have ATD or if you have a set dining time, try totalk with the Maitre D' before your set time. You won't have a problem at all;)

This thread is over four years old - the OPs toddlers are well into elementary school at this point. :) Not sure why it was revived today, but the advice is still good - a family with little ones (or any family) can always request to sit alone.

All the best,

Mia

I agree with Mia. The request CAN be made. Nothing is ever "impossible". Every cruise we have ever been on (and 2 of them were Carnival), we sat at a table for just my family or the friends we were traveling with.

If the TA refuses, then when you board, head to the Dining room as soon as you board and speak to the Maitre D. See where your table is and ask to switch if you are placed at a large table.

You could also do ATD and have the same waitstaff every night.

Archived