Booking future cruise while on board

dadofgage

We just bought a couple of vouchers on the Freedom 2 weeks ago.

They had a dedicated desk, next to the coffee shop on deck 5, that sold these and explained everything to you. (plus most of the Past Guest party was explaining and selling these also.)

The deal is....

You pay $100 per voucher. Which is good for 5 years from purchase date and is refundeable if not used.

You can only use 1 voucher per cabin, per cruise.

On a 3-5 day cruise, the cabin you use the voucher on will get $50 OBC.

On a 6 day cruise, the cabin gets $75 OBC.

On a 7-8 day cruise the cabin gets $100 OBC

On a 12 + day cruise, the cabin gets $200 OBC.

It is supposed to be good with any rate, except the Military rate.

Hope that helps explain it a little better.

Bill

Thanks Bill, are the vouchers only valid for the purchaser? Can we ask others to purchase them for us if they are on a ship that sells them?

We just bought a couple of vouchers on the Freedom 2 weeks ago.

They had a dedicated desk, next to the coffee shop on deck 5, that sold these and explained everything to you. (plus most of the Past Guest party was explaining and selling these also.)

The deal is....

You pay $100 per voucher. Which is good for 5 years from purchase date and is refundeable if not used.

You can only use 1 voucher per cabin, per cruise.

On a 3-5 day cruise, the cabin you use the voucher on will get $50 OBC.

On a 6 day cruise, the cabin gets $75 OBC.

On a 7-8 day cruise the cabin gets $100 OBC

On a 12 + day cruise, the cabin gets $200 OBC.

It is supposed to be good with any rate, except the Military rate.

Hope that helps explain it a little better.

Bill

do you know if you can also apply the $50 discount for booking within 60 days of your last cruise??

Hi,

I bought 3 of these vouchers when we were on the Freedom in November 08.

At the time of purchase we were advised that they could be used in conjunction with any other incentives being offered.

We booked an Imagination cruise for next month and I received the $50 refund as we had sailed within the prior 60 days before we made this booking, however, they would only allow us to use the coupon OR take the $50 refund. We took the $50 refund as I didn't want to "waste" one of the coupons on a short trip. Prefer to use on a longer vacation.

Bottom line is though that we were incorrectly advised by the onboard sales staff when purchasing.

Hi,

I bought 3 of these vouchers when we were on the Freedom in November 08.

At the time of purchase we were advised that they could be used in conjunction with any other incentives being offered.

We booked an Imagination cruise for next month and I received the $50 refund as we had sailed within the prior 60 days before we made this booking, however, they would only allow us to use the coupon OR take the $50 refund. We took the $50 refund as I didn't want to "waste" one of the coupons on a short trip. Prefer to use on a longer vacation.

Bottom line is though that we were incorrectly advised by the onboard sales staff when purchasing.

There is another thread where someone said they were doing both and mailing in their certificate to be applied. Maybe it's worth a try?

We just purchase a certificate on board the Freedom for a future cruise booking. It is a $100 pre-paid certificate. We send it in on a future booking and use it towards the deposit and also receive a $100 on board credit.

Apparently this program is being offered on select ships right now.

Actually this is not exactly correct. People are thinking it is towards the deposit but it comes off the total not the deposit. Not all of Carnival ships offer this yet.

Pay $100 for a certificate.

When you book you get $100 off your total cruise cost.

You get $100 of onboard credit on a 7 day cruise.

If you buy for 6 rooms you have to tell them because they are not transferable.

I didn't put this to the test but was on a group cruise when I bought mine and asked specifically whether or not the certificate could be used towards a group booking and was told that it could be due to a recent policy change.

Group bookings are allowed. We asked if chartered was also included and was told yes. We found out we could not. Wish we would have only bought 1.

OK, Thanks for the help. Might as well continue to surf the net looking for deals, and not worry about booking while sailing (thinking 'bout Alaska in 2010).

Go Cats

You do not have to book a cruise. You can come home and use the certificate with any Carnival cruise. You can also use it with any travel agent or Carnival directly.

Just a warning. My husband went to the desk on the Carnival Conquest to inquire about a future cruise to Europe this year (2009) he was told by the lady that she would send us 2 Vouchers to use on our next cruise. We NEVER gave them our credit card and was not told that we would be charged $100 per voucher. We took the second week of our vacation in Branson, MO. On arriving back home the vouchers were in our mail box (Hubby works for the post office). A couple of days later I was balancing our bank account and noticed a charge on our account for $200. My husband called Carnival and told them about it. They returned the $200. We called the other day because we are leaving on another cruise on 2/8 and were told that the vouchers were valid. We were told by Carnival to OVERNIGHT the voucher ($17.50) and call our travel agent and give him the voucher number and Carnival would take care of the rest. Long story short Carnival REFUSED to honor the certificates. We have a very large group going this time 18 cabins 36 family members. We probably will not cruise with Carnival again. :( I being deceived!

They returned the $200 and then you tried to use them? Sounds criminal.

Hi Jane!!! When I booked my "Dream" cruise with my PVP I asked her about the deals you can get on board and that maybe I should hold off on booking the "Dream" until after my cruise. We booked this Liberty cruise within, it is either 30 or 60 days, of our last cruise and therefore received $50 off the cabin price. I thot that maybe I should do that again as well as wait until I see what deals I could get on board. She talked me into booking right away so that I could get the cabin and she also checked for me and said that I could purchase a certificate on board for $100 that would be applied to the cost of a furture cruise and that I would then obtain a $200 OBC for that cruise. She checked and said that I could apply it to the "Dream" cruise even though it is booked already.

I guess last year they were offering a $100 OBC. I'm sure you would be able to use it but I think you would have to mention it when you booked the cruise or at least when you make final payment. I would check with your PVP or TA asap. Also, you can only use one coupon per cabin.

If you are booking for October, I would double check on what my PVP said with yours and then when you are on board purchase one of these $200 OBC certificates - that is a great deal!!!

Annette

The $200 OBC is not for 7 day cruises. It is $100. $200 is for longer cruises like 10 or longer, I believe.

Just came off the Valor and it's 5 years out.

So we pay $100.00, which is refundable from the price of the cruise, and you also get the $100 credit. Since we had 2 rooms, and we are Carnival shareholders, it's good to know that, whevever we book our next cruise, we have $400 in credits right off the bat if we go for at least 7 days...

Just make sure and put the name of the person that is going to be in those cabins. They are not transferable. Then you have to look at if the person in the other cabin also has stock.

Just off the Conquest, where we spent quite a bit of time with the future cruise staff.

You cannot buy the future cruise certificates in the names of people who are not on the current cruise.

The future cruise program is currently available on the Conquest-class ships but is being expanded; they hope to be on all ships by the end of 2009.

If you book an actual future cruise while onboard (rather than buying future cruise certificates) they are currently giving you two additional vouchers so that other people (including people who are not on your current cruise) can book and get the OBC. Don't know if that's a permanent offer or something short-term.

Thanks Bill, are the vouchers only valid for the purchaser? Can we ask others to purchase them for us if they are on a ship that sells them?

I'm not sure.

They print your name directly on the voucher.

(one is in my name and one in my wife's)

I don't know exactly what they check, but they took our name and cabin number and delivered the vouchers to our cabin the next day. (I'm guessing past guest number or something?)

Bill

Archived