Weddings in Aruba

vizzog

We are traveling in a party of 6 people, two of wich (after a considerably long engagement and encouragement :eek: ) are getting married in Aruba at the civic hall, all arangements nearly complete. Has any one done, been to or seen this, any hints or tips etc of what to do or what not to do would be very much appreciated.

This can be a very nice, formal service. Just give yourself time to park, or be dropped off, so that you don't have to hurry.

I have a video on my blog showing a beach wedding with the Reverend Robert Gibson presiding. Also a beautiful ceremony of a different sort.

Enjoy your experience and let us know how things went.

Bon dia from Aruba.

My only advice is to get legally married in the us first. The only reason I say that is that when you have a remote marriage location, if you later try to adopt a child, it complicates things very much. I was married in jamaica, and although we have not adopted, some friends have, who were married in mexico. They had to spend hundreds of dollars, not to mention trying to negotiate with mexican attorneys by phone, in order to get additional documentation from the area in which they were married. Just a thought.

From the cruise ship to the government building where the weddings are held is about a 10 minute walk, but you wouldn't want to do it in fine clothes. Just busy streets and probably quite warm. Spend the money on a taxi even though it won't take but a few minutes.

Archived