HeinBloed - how do I access your Warnemunde/Rostock instructions?

chepar

HeinBloed:

I have been searching threads for instructions on how to catch the train from Warnemunde to Rostock and I keep seeing your links, but I can't access them.

I will be in Warnemunde on 7/28/09 with my parents and child. I would like to go to Rostock in the morning for part of the day, and return to Warnemunde for the remainder.

My parents typically leave all of the planning to me, and I like to have as detailed instructions as possible on how to get where we want to go. Specifically, I was looking for your instructions on:

How to get from Warnemünde Cruise Terminal to the train station and to buy the tickets.

How to move from Rostock train station to Rostock downtown.

I have also been reading your posts on the ferry, which looks to take about 30 minutes longer than the train. This might be a good option if the weather is nice, but does the ferry dock within walking distance to downtown Rostock?

Much thanks for any assistance you are able to provide.

Much thanks, HeinBloed!

Your instructions (and especially with accompanying pictures) are great. I have bookmarked your blog and will keep checking back for your update on how to purchase train tickets.

Are the ticket machines the only way to purchase tickets, or is there a ticket counter also?

Are the ticket machines the only way to purchase tickets, or is there a ticket counter also?

No - ticket counter are available...

but more expensive with day passes...

... and less comptent...

one cruiser reported overpriced tickets but German Railways refunded difference after I sent the cruiser the own rules of German Railways.

Regards

HeinBloed

• 3 weeks later...

Hi HeinBloeds,

I read thro' your blogs but I still don't know how to find the private company for a tour of Gdansk/ Glynin. Can you let me know? Thanks. I am going to Holland and Germany in May before my Emerald Princess cruise and will be staying from 5-17 to 5-26. Any suggestion where I should go beside Amsterdam, the Hague, Keukenhof Garden, Hamburg and Berlin?

Angela amri638@gmail.com

HeinBloed:

I have been searching threads for instructions on how to catch the train from Warnemunde to Rostock and I keep seeing your links, but I can't access them.

I will be in Warnemunde on 7/28/09 with my parents and child. I would like to go to Rostock in the morning for part of the day, and return to Warnemunde for the remainder.

My parents typically leave all of the planning to me, and I like to have as detailed instructions as possible on how to get where we want to go. Specifically, I was looking for your instructions on:

How to get from Warnemünde Cruise Terminal to the train station and to buy the tickets.

How to move from Rostock train station to Rostock downtown.

I have also been reading your posts on the ferry, which looks to take about 30 minutes longer than the train. This might be a good option if the weather is nice, but does the ferry dock within walking distance to downtown Rostock?

Much thanks for any assistance you are able to provide.

Here are your answers:

How you get from your ship to the train station:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/01/warnemunde-germany-train-station-guide.html

How to buy your ticket to Rostock:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/02/warnemunde-germany-rostock-buying.html

And finally how you get from Rostock Train Station to Downtown:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/02/warnemunde-germany-rostock-train-and.html

Do not hesitate to post if you need more information.

Regards,

HeinBloed

• 1 month later...

HeinBloed:

Your instructions have made me much more comfortable in planning our trip to Rostock for the day.

I have another question, though - if we purchase a group day pass ("Gruppen Tageskarte VVW"), this is good for both the train and the trams in Rostock, correct?

I validate the ticket at the Warnemunde train station before going to Rostock and that's it - I don't have to validate it again for the rest of the day, for either the trams or the return train?

Thank you so much for all your help!

if we purchase a group day pass ("Gruppen Tageskarte VVW"), this is good for both the train and the trams in Rostock, correct?

Absolutely - and the ferry in Warnemünde which connects to the other side of the river Warnow in front of the cruise terminal. Just in case you want to take some nice pictures of your ship...

I validate the ticket at the Warnemunde train station before going to Rostock and that's it - I don't have to validate it again for the rest of the day, for either the trams or the return train?

Absolutely - after purchase and before you board the train the first time only.

If you stamp a second time it's counted in a case of inspection like an attempt to defraud. So do not do it.

Regards,

HeinBloed

Archived