Quick Attire Question - Ruby Princess

PGBSAB

We are leaving on the Ruby Princess next week and was wondering if dress Capris and a nice blouse is acceptable attire in the dining rooms on non-formal nights. It says resort casual but that can be open to interpretation. We have sailed on Carnival and NCL and it was fine, but was wondering about Princess

You are kind of opening a can of worms here, :eek: but based on my Emerald cruise we just got off of yesterday, that will be perfectly fine. I was amazed by how casually dressed people were in the dining room. Capri's and a nice top always look nice though, and are perfectly acceptable.

We were on the Ruby two weeks ago. I personally would say dress capris and a nice blouse would be fine for non formal nights. I did see that most folks were dressed nicely in the evenings, but I also saw few (though VERY few) guys with Jeans and t-shirts too.

Here we go again!! We seem to be getting dress code posts at a rate of one every two days and they all seem to get a multitude of different answers. It escapes me how the OP decides what to do.

Most people just read the Princess Answer Book page 15, I believe, and make their own interpretation.

I will socially refrain from making any reccommendation.

Ron

We are leaving on the Ruby Princess next week and was wondering if dress Capris and a nice blouse is acceptable attire in the dining rooms on non-formal nights. It says resort casual but that can be open to interpretation. We have sailed on Carnival and NCL and it was fine, but was wondering about Princess

Absolutely. I wear capris almost exclusively.

On casual evenings just about anything neat & clean goes in the dining rooms -jeans included although I haven seen that many on the Ruby as on the Emerald. We ate in Sabatini'e this evening & I wore my jeans with a polo & it was aceptable. As long as your appearance is neat, nothing will be said.

The dress code seems to be more relaxed in the Caribbean than on European cruises. I'm sure you will fit right in wearing dressy capris. However, I notice lots of women do wear dressier outfits in the evenings, so it's up to you.

As far as dress attire, on the past 2 Princess cruises I have found that many women all wear cocktail dresses. I mean you do see some women in capri's in blouses but I wouldn't say that nobody was wearing cocktail dresses. I mean for the formal night almost all men are in full out tuxedos, so I found from my previous cruise that Princess is a little more dressier.

Archived