Sun Princess Station Pier boarding time

Whoey

Hi,

Can anyone tell me the earliest time they allow boarding at Station Pier melbourne? I have read a review where someone boarded and was in their cabin by 12:30, how early do they allow people on?

thanks

We were at station pier at 11:30, on the ship by 11:45. We certainly weren't the first ones on. This was a good time to board, there weren't too many people around so it gave us a good chance to look around the ship before it got crowded, and I think it helped with us getting our bags pretty early.

Not sure though how much earlier you could board - we were in the 10:15 disembarking group and were off the ship just after 10:30. The last disembarking group I think was 10:30 or 10:45. Hope that helps.

Basically whenever they're ready they will start boarding as it makes the boarding process smoother and prevents lines, so there is no 'definite' time when they start boarding. Usually one hour before when they are meant to start is most likely though

I think 11 am is probably the best time to arrive, drop off the main luggage and if they are not ready yet, lug the carry on luggage and maybe check out the area. There is a nice restaurant / cafe right at the pier, might go there for a drink or stroll along the foreshore.

cheers

Archived