tell me about bermuda

mrdrdoso

we are booked for 10 day gem next year and might have to cancel due to our cruise buddies can't get time off from work and we cannot image cruising without them. so we are looking at doing ncl dawn 7 day to bermuda to kings wharf.

tell me anything and everything about the island. if we are going to be there for 3 days is there enough to do without breaking the bank. I would love to hang out at the beach and explore and of course shop.

i would love any input, it really saddens me to change but it looks like we don't have a lot of choices and we want to sail out of nyc.

thanks in advance

mary

Gem is very nice. So is EoS that I see you're on soon. We took EoS to Bermuda last June.

First we did a 2 hour walking tour. The lady picked us up. Was very nice.

We rented a scooter too and went around most of the island just short of St. Georges. Stopped at Horseshoe Beach which was of course very crowded, but still very lovely. Walk to the left and it's less crowded away from the entrance.

Next day we rented a small motorboat for a few hours at a local marina. Went around some islands, anchored, swam, went under the world's smallest drawbridge which was cool--traffic light to tell you when to go! Then beached on an island and swam before returning the boat.

The Wharf area has evening festivities when ships are docked. Nice little shopping area too. Wasn't impressed with the one beach near the ship. There are much nicer ones.

Was a great trip--we had 2 days.

ENJOY!!

My DW and I are going to Bermuda in June with a CC Group for our 4th trip to the island!:) On our first trip, as beach lovers, we went to over twenty beaches!!:cool: Since then we’ve settled down and usually spend time at Horseshoe Bay, Church Bay, Tobacco Bay, and Jobsons Cove. Since we’ll be docked at “King’s Wharf”, we’ll probably stop by snorkel park as well. We’ve also gone to the Gibbs Lighthouse, Glass Blowing, Caves, and taken a few catamaran snorkeling excursions.

Bermuda also has Forts, Museums, an Aquarium, Dolphin Quest, shopping, horseback riding, and you can also visit Hamilton (street fair Wednesday night) and St. George if you get a chance. For our upcoming trip, besides the usual, we’re planning on finally going to the Swizzle Inn, finding and visiting the sea glass beach, finding and visiting the Grotto Caves, the Tall Ships of course, and seeing if we can find a catamaran snorkeling trip with turtles.:D

Since I’m not sure if you’ve been on the Dawn, (this will be our first time) below I’ve included a link to some information about the Dawn and another with a file containing lots of things to do and info about Bermuda. Although we’re there for three full days, there’s a lot to see and do!;)

http://www.beyondships.com/NCLDawn-Profile.html

http://www.computerdoctors.com/bestbuds/Bermuda.pdf

You will love Bermuda!:cool:

Like others have said, there is PLENTY to do in Bermuda for 3 days. We've been there 4 times (5th this coming June) and we still haven't seen it all. We love to hang out on the beach, too. Lots of beaches. But, we wanted to stay away from the more "commercialized" beaches. So, we went to 9 beaches and it was absolutely perfect! Gentle waves, bar service, grill service, beach lounges, umbrellas. No cost to enter. The only costs were drinks and food. And, then, we went to Snorkel Park (right in Kings Wharf). A little more crowded, but still the same amenities. But, there was a charge for chair and umbrella rental. And, there is a water slide (kids LOVED that!), and other water gear available to rent.

The Bermuda Aquarium, Museum and Zoo (BAMZ) is also great (nominal fee), and so is the Crystal Caves (again, nominal fee). The Clock Tower mall in King's Wharf is great for shopping. Hamilton has some nice shops, too. And, don't forget the Bermuda Rum Cake Factory. Get there early. By mid-afternoon, most of them are gone.

• 4 weeks later...

I agree...there's more than enough to do to keep busy in Bermuda for 3 days even if you don't spend time at the beaches. For more ideas, just go to the top of the page...to the right side of the yellowish bar...click on Ports...check out the different Bermuda write ups. They are full of all kinds of great ideas and advice! Too much to mention here, besides the writers do a great job of making it interesting. :)

Archived