Leaving ship on lasr day question?

BoPippy

Hi there,

They kept us on the ship until about an 1hr and 40m before take off, but we did on board check in, and our bags were taken away the night before we only get to see them again once we were back in UK.

I would expect they would allow you to stay on ship up to 3 hours before check in if you were not on a charter flight.

There were also some tours but there finished about lunch time at the airport,

yours Shogun

Everyone is expected to vacate their cabins by 8am. Entrance to Dining Room for Breakfast closes around 8:30. If you are using the Ship (Cruise Line) Transfer, you will have to disembark with your Tag Color -- more likely by 9am. If you are on your own, may be 9:45 latest.

If our ship docks at 7 am (approx) Barbados on last day,how late before they transfer us to the airport when our flight only leaves at 3 pm?

Hi there,

We were allowed to stay in cabin until 10.00am last folk off ship were around 6.00pm as ship does not sail until 11.00pm, your times will depend on how late the ship leaves on the next cruise.

These times are right as off last week.

yours Shogun

If our ship docks at 7 am (approx) Barbados on last day,how late before they transfer us to the airport when our flight only leaves at 3 pm?

If you are talking about the Delta or American flights, we got there in plenty of time, leaving around 11:30. We booked transportation with Princess but not the air arrangements. I don't know if it mattered, but we are Elite passengers and I remember reading we got the first group.

By the way, the ship got there way before 7:00.

Everyone is expected to vacate their cabins by 8am. Entrance to Dining Room for Breakfast closes around 8:30. If you are using the Ship (Cruise Line) Transfer, you will have to disembark with your Tag Color -- more likely by 9am. If you are on your own, may be 9:45 latest.

I think you may be confusing the Sea Princess out of Barbados with other ships of the Princess fleet. Things are different on this ship when it sails from Barbados and most leave the ship on charter flights back to the UK mid afternoon.

It is more comparible to the Tahiti sailings where the passengers must vacate their staterooms but may stay onboard until shortly before the charters leave.

Thanks. I knew about Tahiti but not about Barbados.

I think you may be confusing the Sea Princess out of Barbados with other ships of the Princess fleet. Things are different on this ship when it sails from Barbados and most leave the ship on charter flights back to the UK mid afternoon.

It is more comparible to the Tahiti sailings where the passengers must vacate their staterooms but may stay onboard until shortly before the charters leave.

At the Barbados ariport, we checked our bags in and then WALKED over to the Concorde exhibit next door. The Concorde used to fly out of Barbados. You can see a movie, fool around with simulators, look at exhibits, and even walk thru the Concorde. It was a great way to kill some time before our flight left.

Here is the link

http://www.barbadosconcorde.com/

Wyn

Thanks. I knew about Tahiti but not about Barbados.
Toto is right... Barbados is different because the Sea Princess is heavily marketed to the UK and those passengers are on charters. Another port where you can stay on board for your flight is Manaus.

Archived